Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Tiff to JPG in LR5 Library

Aug 25, 2013 8:31 AM

Tags: #jpg #tif #converting #lr5

After converting a photo in NIK it comes back into LR asa tif is there a way to convert to jpg besides exporting?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 25, 2013 8:37 AM   in reply to joecos55

Although I don't recommend it because you are throwing a lot of usable data away in the process here is how you change what Nik sends back to Lightroom.

8-25-2013 10-34-47 AM.jpg

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 26, 2013 4:15 AM   in reply to joecos55

joecos55 wrote:

I know that, I try to keep the keeper files with no compression, I guess I will need to just export them and manually upload to smugmug.  I was just looking for a cleaner workflow.

Why not export straight from LR to smugmug? You can do so directly, whether from a camera Raw, a camera JPG, or a working TIFF / PSD that has been made from that camera file.

This output reflects the current LR adjustments and crop - and you specify the characteristics of the JPG that is to be created, including resizing and output sharpening and colourspace, just as when exporting to disk. But: in one step, without needing any local copy to be saved.

If you use Publish rather than Export, then LR additionally keeps track of this virtual relationship - and of any further LR editing - which semi-automates updating this online version of your image in the future, should you want that.

This is about as clean a workflow as you can get: all that you need, is one untouched out-of-camera file, plus an image hosting website.

Or if you involve an external editor, then all that you need is one out-of-camera file, one editing TIFF, plus an image hosting  website.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points