Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400

Aug 25, 2013 8:28 AM

Tags: #error #adobe #9 #elements #400 #adobe_elements_9

Hello. I can no longer access the past projects I've created in Adobe Premiere Elements 9. I can no longer create new projects or otherwise use the program.

My adobe id login information works when logging into photoshop.com via a browser, but it does not work from the program itself. I get a message reading, "Photoshop.com services are currently unavailable. Please try again later or check your network connections. Error 400."

I have followed instructions on how to update the Inspiration Browser. This includes uninstalling the existing Inspiration Browser. However, clicking on "download the update" takes me to a standard "problem loading page" tap within Firefox. I've tried pasting the URL (eib.assyst.net/PIB/AdobePhotoshopDotcomInspirationBrowser.html) into other browsers. I've tried allowing that site and photoshop.com in general as a trusted site within IE (Firefox is my primary browser). Still doesn't work.

My web connections are fine.

Adobe informed me during an online chat that my product is "very old" and no longer supported via chat. The box the program came in says 2010.

Any ideas? I've done some Googling and was not encouraged. Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 25, 2013 8:44 AM   in reply to mikenw253

Welcome to the forum.

Photoshop.com has been discontinued. It has been replaced by Adobe Revel. This forum has the FAQ's for migrating a Photoshop.com account to Adobe Revel: http://forums.adobe.com/community/revel

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2013 8:53 AM   in reply to mikenw253

mikenw253

You are not alone with this problem. When I went to open my Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 from the Welcome Screen I was greeted with the following.

PE9Problem.JPG

If you want to use the program, the answer is to close Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1.

1. Right click the desktop icon for the program and select Properties.

2. In Properties select Open File Location. And, click on Open File Location which will take you to

Adobe Premiere Elements 9.exe. Right next to it is Adobe Premiere Elements.exe.

3. Make a desktop shortcut for Adobe Premiere Elements.exe and use that to open the program, bypassing the

Welcome Screen.

4. When you open the program, you will probably see the Sign In at the top of the interface. Until further notice

do not attempt to Sign in and do not attempt to create a new Adobe ID.

The above should allow you to work in the program with old and new projects.

There is a problem with the Sign In. I suspect with Adobe servers. Do not involve photoshop.com and the inspirational browser into this since it will

only complicate matters if they are not already doing so.

I am currently trying to remedy my similar situation. This goes beyond Adobe not supporting anything but the current version.

More later.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2013 8:56 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt,

Please refer to my post which I submitted without each of us seeing the post of the other.

This goes beyond the photoshop.com and Adobe Revel matter. However, this current matter might be related to someone at Adobe working on servers or up to something.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2013 9:04 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

ATR,

Bypassing the welcome screen, with the Photoshop.com sign-in will get one into the editing app. portion of PrE, but if one has a Photoshop.com account, with used storage, I would strongly suggest that they migrate from Photoshop.com to Revel, for their account, to access their stored data. The Photoshop.com servers have been disconnected, and rolled into the Revel servers.

Now, if a user has zero in their old Photoshop.com account, then just by-passing that sign-in screen should be all that they need.

Thanks for your suggestion, as it can certainly be helpful.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2013 9:22 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

mikenw253 and Hunt,

I believed this matter is being discussed from the point of viewing of being able to use a video editor as a video editor and not the photoshop.com Adobe Revel matter although what is happening may well be an unexpected result of Adobe making changes in its servers.

Update. Flushing the preferences does not change the situation and remedy that I have described.

I have checked...the situation of sign in exists for Premiere Elements 7, 8.0/8.0.1, 9.0/9.0.1, and 10.

More later.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2013 2:46 PM   in reply to mikenw253

mikenw253

At this time I think that talk of photoshop.com and Adobe Revel clouds the situation.

The problem of using the Adobe ID and Password still persists for me in Premiere Elements 7, 8.0/8.0.1, 9.0/9.0.1, and 10. But, the workaround of bypassing the Welcome Screen to get to editing and exporting continues to work.

In view of all this, I suspect that you have more problems than just the sign in.

This is what I would like you to do so that, at least, you can get into the program for editing and exporting even if you cannot use the Adobe ID and Password.

1. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file. The path to it is:

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

9 Folder

and in the 9 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 9 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Make sure that you are working with Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see that path.

if that does nothing to help...then

2. Next, go to Administrative Tools/Services/FLEXnet Licensing Service and make sure that Startup Type = Automatic and Service Status = Started.

if that does nothing to help...then

3. If all of the above do not get you at least into the edit workspace, then do a complete and clean uninstall via the usual Control Panel way. Then run the program through ccleaner (regular and registry cleaning). Next reinstall Premiere Elements 9 and then the 9.0.1 Update.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Again I stress I am not expecting any of the above to impact the Adobe ID and Password issue which, at this time, I believe to an Adobe Server problem. But, I hoping that what I have suggested above will enable you to go about your video editing and export successfully until we can find out from Adobe what is happening on its side with those IDs and Passwords. Yours is not an isolated incident. I have the same problem with my Adobe ID and Password for versions 7, 8.0/8.0.1, 9.0/9.0.1, and 10.

If you have any questions about my latest comments, please do not hesitate to ask for clarification.

Unless the problem of the Adobe IDs and Passwords is not solved soon, I would suggest that the moderators place a notification of the situation in the forum's Announcement.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...I do not want to distract from what needs to get done for the immediate, but, out of curiosity, did you have media stored on photoshop.com and are you eager to continue with Adobe Revel? You do not need either in order to do your Premiere Elements editing and exporting.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2013 3:48 PM   in reply to mikenw253

mikenw253

When you went to Start, typed in Folder Options in the Search field above the Start button, and click on Folder Options at the top of that left column, did you then see the Folder Options dialog/View Tab and dotted the "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"?

FolderOptions.JPG

If you have been there and done that, please restart the computer and then see if you can see the path that I described above.

I looked it over and went the route just to make sure that I had not goofed in typing. It looks and works fine. That path should be the one for both Windows 7 and 8 64 bit.

Please check it out again. If you cannot find it, then move forward to the Administrative Tools suggestion and still forward to uninstall/reinstalled if necessary as described above. Please update anywhere along the line if you have problems with the suggestions.

Thanks.

ATR.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2013 4:08 PM   in reply to mikenw253

mikenw253

Go to Documents/Adobe Folder/Premiere Elements/9 and see if you see any old project.prel files there. Is that where you have been saving the prior project.prel (project files)?

Thanks for the update. Sorry the news was not better. But onward to Administrative Tools/Services/ and then the uninstall/reinstall. But first let me know what is in the save location for your old projects. Deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file should not have disturbed them.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2013 4:13 PM   in reply to mikenw253

mikenw253

I did not see your post 13 until I posted by post 14. Here is my catch up.

Please take a look at this screenshoot to see if that is where you were looking for the FLEXnet Licensing Service. Make sure that you scroll down far enough to find it. Then double click to open it in order to see the Startup Type and Service Status.

FLEX.JPG

I scrolled to get that FLEX... at the top.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2013 4:34 PM   in reply to mikenw253

mikenw253

First thing that I want you to do is to go to Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 workspace Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks and direct ALL those scratch disks to the same place (at least for now having them directed to Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/9). Having the scratch disks scattered may be part of the problem as well as the location used.

I checked again just now, and ALL my Elements programs (Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements) give that same 400 error when trying to enter the Adobe ID and Password.

Please let us know how the scratch discs phase of this troubleshooting went before any uninstall/reinstall.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2013 6:15 PM   in reply to mikenw253

mikenw253

Not sounding good at all.

Time for the complete uninstall/reinstall as described before.

We will be watching for the results.

Thanks for staying with the troubleshooting.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2013 7:01 PM   in reply to mikenw253

mikenw253

A new side developments in this sign in saga.

All of a sudden I am getting this pop up

SignInIssue.JPG

Have you gotten this yet?

I am trying not to let above distract me from the mission to get your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 to a state where you can at least edit and export even in the absence of a sign in involving the Adobe ID and password.

More later.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2013 7:08 PM   in reply to mikenw253

mikenw253

Great, great, great news. Thanks for going through all the troubleshooting.

Are you still in the same situation that I am in with the sign in business?

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2013 8:39 PM   in reply to mikenw253

mikeenw253

As of this moment, the problem remains the same with the Adobe ID and Password sign in for the Elements programs that I have mentioned previously. So, I would not bother with any sign in until further notice. And, if you get any messages of any sort about photoshop.com, just cancel out as fast as possible.

Sounds like lots of progress on your side. Keep up the good work.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points