I have a project that has me very disheartened. I have been trying to output a disc from Premiere, to Encore and ending up on BluRay. The original project was shot on a Canon 5d, edited in premiere using the canon dslr preset. 23.976 fps 1920x1080.
I have encoded through AME and directly from Premiere.
I have tried a variety of compressions scenario, including knocking the data rate below Adobe's low setting for Blu Ray.
The disc always plays fine in the preview in Encore. Once the disc is outputted it plays for the first minute or so and then freezes in the same area each time.
I have also tried 2 kinds of discs and 2 kinds of Blu Ray Drives.
I'm starting to wonder if it's Encore.
While editing I have exported many versions to vimeo without a problem.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
I am already late with this project by several days and very frustrated with Adobe.
I'm trying to figure out what my next step is, Toast? Final Cut Compressor? DVD Studio Pro?
Thanks for your help!
Since you mention Toast I presume that means you are Mac? (the kind of information you need to provide when you post a message is in this http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840 message)
Have Encore write an ISO or folder (I am Windows, so don't know what Encore does on a Mac) and then use other writing software (Toast???) to write the ISO or folder to disc
If that works, you know that the problem is with Encore's writing module
My appologies. Hopefully I can answer more of these questions.
I am editing on a Mac Book Pro OS 10.7.4 Encore CS 6. If Encore authors the ISO and then I burn it to BD using toast couldn't Encore still be the problem? Because theoretically encore is still authoring the ISO?
When something is previewing in Encore isn't using the outputted file from AME? If it plays clean shouldn't that mean that the actual file is fine? I would love to rule anything out. If I could say "it plays in the preview of encore so we know it's not a premiere issue" that would help me a lot.
This says 10.8.3 but that MAY only be that nobody with 10.7.4 has reported (lucky you... you may be the first)
Mac 10.8.3 Bug w/Encore and BluRay http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1198709
-create folder not ISO http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1216127
>If Encore authors the ISO and then I burn it to BD using toast couldn't Encore still be the problem
Well... try it and report back... if using Encore to author and something else to burn works, you know the problem is Encore's burning module, not the authoring process
It is "fairly" common over on the Windows side to have Encore write to ISO or folder and then use Imgburn to write the disc
Also, for Encore CS6... have you checked to see if there are any updates?
Thanks for trying to help.
I have updated Encore for CS6 and it made no difference.
The situations that you linked to I think are unrealated because the disc actually mounts and starts to play and then freezes after a little over a minute.
The set top blu ray player I am using to test is a sony system.
I need to try toast, but am reluctant because I fear that my 3days of constantly trying things, hours of encoding, etc, will be added to by spending a $100 and having it still not work. I'm going to keep trying stuff and if it doesn't work I'm going to try Toast and see if it will work.
Maybe it's just a corrupted project and I should rebuild it. Is there a way to export a type of edl and then have premiere bring everything in again without accessing the old render files etc... Time to research that.
Again thanks for you help and if you think of anything let me know.
I wanted to let you know that I found a solution to the problem. I'm very, very annoyed with Adobe, but after 4 days, countles BD-r's and a staggering amount of time on the computer I have finally outputted my Blu-Ray. There were many potentional culprits, but in the end it was something to do with Encore. I took the files that I output from Premiere and AME and put them into Roxio Toast with the first play setting (no re-encode checked) and viola, it played just fine. I took two different outputs from my "encodes that didn't work" file and was able to burn them without any problems.
So the problem wasn't with Premiere, Premiere export or AME. The problem was definately with Encore.
It's so frustrating to spend all of this money and then have to buy a different piece of software just to complete something Creative Cloud should be able to handle easily. I will be sending Adobe an email.
I just wanted to take a minute to say thanks for trying to solve my problem. It was a very stressful 4 days.
I have NO idea if Adobe will do anything to EncoreCS6 (although PProCS6 was recently updated) but you might want to make a bug report