I have tried both suggestions - Set Outlook as Default, but still it won't go. Then tried the Adobe Email service, but it won't send verification email. I"ve have uninstalled and reinstalled PSE11 - did not change. This should not be difficult.
I’ve found it usually works best with web mail via Adobe after obtaining verification. I know some email services block bulk email completely and I’ve only tested it with Gmail which works fine. Should also work with other web mail e.g. Yahoo and Hotmail. I have only tested on W7 but it should work on W8. Give it a try. Before you start it will help to check your internet security settings. If they are set to High, reduce the settings to Medium temporarily. Then follow these instructions.
1. Log in to your mail provider on the web and add the following email to your address/contacts book.
2. Open Organizer and on the menu click:
Edit >> Preferences >> Sharing
3. Choose Adobe Email Service from the client dropdown menu.
4. Add your name and email address to the fields provided and click OK
5. Test the system (first use only) by selecting a photo in organizer and choosing Share >> Photo Mail then click Next (Mac users should use attachments)
6. Choose a contact then click Next
7. Click Next Step, then click Next - the sender verification dialog will open.
8. Check you have spelt your email address correctly and hit the Resend E-Mail button.
9. Go to your inbox (also check spam) and when the Adobe mailer message is received copy (Ctrl+C) the long verification code.
10. Return to the verification dialog and paste it (Ctrl+V) into the Sender verification field and click OK. Wait for validation confirmation then click OK to continue
I followed the instructions above, but an email verification is NOT sent. I think it has something to do windows8. Has anyone got this to work with Windows 8? If so, what did you do? I'm returning the software if I can't get this to work.
I thought I"d let you know I finally got it to work. Went to tech support "chat" and after about 45 min, someone did finally help me. I guess because I have Windows 8, I can't use either of the choices in PSE11 - Outlook or Adobe Email. I had to download Windows Live, and then update my registry with a file the tech support guy sent me. Then when I opened PSE11, I could select sharing via Windows Live (new option after the registry fix), and it worked! I think I've seen reference to that file on this community site, so it should be available without going to support if you need it.
Why Adobe would ship a product that won't work is beyond me - wastes way too much of everyone's time.