Skip navigation
Ed.Macke 683 posts
Mar 17, 2006
Currently Being Moderated

Can I use Premiere Elements templates for Encore CS6

Aug 25, 2013 7:01 PM

Tags: #templates

LIke the title says.... can I use menu templates from Premiere Elements for Encore CS6? If so, does it matter what version of PRE?

I've seen some templates on the web (e.g. muvipix) but don't know if I could use them in Encore.

I saw somebody asked a similar question for CS4, didn't know what, if anything, had changed...

ETA: Just FYI, I downloaded the Encore CS6 Functional Content and installed it, but honestly I'm not sure if it added any templates or what.... :)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 26, 2013 4:56 AM   in reply to Ed.Macke

Are Premiere Element templates PSD files? Sorry; someone who works with elements may drop by to comment.

ETA: Just FYI, I downloaded the Encore CS6 Functional Content and installed it, but honestly I'm not sure if it added any templates or what....

When you open Encore and look at the library, what do you see?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 26, 2013 8:21 AM   in reply to Ed.Macke

Move to the instructions at the bottom of the link below: "Additional solution: Install the Resource Central library content"

This will give you all the buttons, additional templates, etc.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-mi ssing.html

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 26, 2013 10:30 AM   in reply to Ed.Macke

I thought the download was to add additional content to the Library. - I see now that it was just to correct a problem where there was no content.

My Library already had content, so apparently I fixed a problem I didn't actually have.

You added the first content when you "downloaded the Encore CS6 Functional Content and installed it." That installed only templates (full menus with backgrounds, buttons, etc). By the way, other than whether there are motion backgrounds included, all that is in a single PSD.

But you had only a relatively small number of templates, and no separate files with just extra backgrounds, buttons, etc.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 26, 2013 10:31 AM   in reply to Ed.Macke

Still looking for answer to original question: does anybody know whether templates designed for Premiere Elements can be used by Encore CS6.

Is it simply a matter of the templates need to be .PSD files?

Bill Hunt will eventually drop by here (active in both PR elements and Premiere and Encore) and tell us.

In the mean time, do you know where your elements templates live on your computer? To answer the question, it would help if you can get your hands on one!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 26, 2013 1:04 PM   in reply to Ed.Macke

You cannot use Elements templates in Encore as Elements used different sufixes.

You need to rebuild them in Photoshop CS to make them suitable for Encore.

Elements templates are well hidden in Program data on C.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 26, 2013 9:17 PM   in reply to Ed.Macke

You do realize that is the link I provided at post 3? No matter, now you have it and can see it in Encore!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 7:57 AM   in reply to Ed.Macke

Many have complained about the very odd amount of material and the even odder method of delivery. We still don't understand either part.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 8:41 AM   in reply to Ed.Macke

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform is where you send a note that goes to Adobe... this user to user forum is mainly just other users

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 12:44 PM   in reply to Ed.Macke

They call them "announcements," and it was there for a while.

For example, there are 3 announcements right now in the Premiere Pro forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere

You have to click the little numbers to see each one.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 2:08 PM   in reply to Ed.Macke

See the subforums linked on the main Encore discussions page, or just go here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/encore/encore_faq?view=discussions

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points