Skip navigation
greg491don
Currently Being Moderated

Indesign Cloud update to cs7....how?

Aug 25, 2013 8:03 PM

I have the CC and assumed that updates would ...well update the programs. The cloud manager screen says I have the latest version(cs6), but work files say I need the new CS7. The update link seems to be well hidden for some reason. A simple link would be nice as Easter Egg hunts are not why I am using Adobe products.

Any suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 25, 2013 9:37 PM   in reply to greg491don

There is no CS7. Adobe decided on the name CC for InDesign and other applications in the Creative Cloud at a late stage in the process of bringing the applications to market so not all the dialog boxes were changed in time.

If you have InDesign CC and downloaded the update made available on August 22, you have InDesign 9.1, which is the current version.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 26, 2013 2:42 AM   in reply to greg491don

My intuition says you have a subscription to Creative Cloud and Indesign CS6, which was the first version to be included in the cloud. You have to manually download and install the new CC versions (which can co-exist, don't uninstall your CS6 versions).

If you haven't already, I'd start by going to https://creative.adobe.com/products and download the Creative Cloud Desktop App. You can use that to download and install the others that you want, or you can download them from the same page.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points