Skip navigation
lacitec_radiodiffusion
Currently Being Moderated

Overwriting in batch processing

Aug 26, 2013 10:02 AM

Tags: #batch #batch_processing #overwrite_original

Switching from Audition 3 to CS6 has been problematic for me, in the Batch Conversion department.

In Audition 3, I could open many hundreds of WAV files, convert them in mp3, and the processor would then erase the old WAV versions.

Now, in CS6, I check the "Same as source file location", as well as "Overwrite existing files".

But that last one seems to simply...  not work!  After the conversion, I end up with both the new mp3 files, but also the old WAV files that I dont want.

What gives?  I know this is kind of a particular fonction, but anyone else can reproduce this problem?

Thanks

Replies
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 26, 2013 2:25 PM   in reply to lacitec_radiodiffusion

I think it's doing exactly what it says. It's putting your files in the same location, and if there was an MP3 of that name already there, it would overwrite it. Is there a specific option to erase the source files?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 27, 2013 8:58 AM   in reply to lacitec_radiodiffusion

Audition 3 did have an additional parameter to delete the original file if the conversion was successful.  I don't recall why this option was removed when the feature was redesigned for Audition CS5.5.  I'll look into it to determine if it was an accidental or intended ommission, and submit a feature request to have it brought back.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points