Skip navigation
Ragveer12
Currently Being Moderated

NO SPRY IN INSERT MENU

Aug 26, 2013 12:29 PM

Tags: #dreamweaver #spry #13

Spry menu is not present in my dreamweaver 13.I downloaded it from https://github.com/adobe/Spry#what-is-included-in-161 but i dont know how to integrate it to my dreamweaver 13.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 26, 2013 7:30 PM   in reply to Ragveer12

The Spry framework is dead. 

Try alternatives as in http://www.noupe.com/css/100-great-css-menu-tutorials.html

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 9:02 AM   in reply to Ragveer12

Spry isn't dead, it's just no longer supported directly by Adobe in Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver 13 is Dreamweaver CC and, with version 12, Adobe ended Spry support and started supporting jQuery. I just answered a question about that with respect to an issue someone else had here in this forum (Where's Spry, what's with this jQuery…?).

I started using jQuery with version 10, by manually moving the jQuery library and the plugin into the defined site, linking to those files in my web page's <head> section and adding any additional necessary code. You can do the same thing with Spry. And, you should know that Spry a set of widgets coded using AJAX, and each widget is used to create dynamic behaviors and/or functionality. AJAX stands for Asynchronous JavaScript and XML.

For more on how you can browse these Spry widgets in Dreamweaver, there's a CS6 Manual that may be of help in restoring some of the functions you are looking for.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 9:21 AM   in reply to Ragveer12

I wouldn't waste any effort adding Spry to CC.  They were removed for a reason.  They don't work very well in IE10 and Touch Screen devices.  You'll get better results from jQuery plugins or jQuery UI widgets.

http://jqueryui.com/demos/

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2013 7:55 PM   in reply to Ragveer12

For a product and technology as unintuitive and wonky as dreamweaver and html (+ CSS + JS), I am so tired of struggling to figure them out only to have them "depricate" things and change everything again.  I don't trust Dreamweaver an iota.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2013 5:29 AM   in reply to Westmind

If that is the case, then you do not understand what Dreamweaver is. It's a code editor that allows third parties to add to it. 

Buy extensions from a company that keeps ahead of the curve, like Project VII. Then you don't need Spry or jQuery. And you don't have to bother with that pesky HTML and CSS.

-Mark

---

When a Library expels a book of mine and leaves an unexpurgated Bible lying around where unprotected youth and age can get hold of it, the deep unconscious irony of it delights me and doesn’t anger me.

-Mark Twain

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points