Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign Help | Sync Settings using Adobe Creative Cloud | CC

Aug 26, 2013 3:46 PM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 26, 2013 3:46 PM   in reply to Community Help

All sounds loverly, just a pity you cant sync other workers computers to your sync settings.

ie: my computer would be prime setup and all 10 other computers in the office would sync to my settings.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 26, 2013 4:48 PM   in reply to mckayk_777

I'm pretty sure that if this more limited kind of syncing is successful that it would be logical to expand it to other cases as you suggest. Saying that, I have no idea was Adobe is planning, I'm only expressing a personal opinion.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 26, 2013 9:37 PM   in reply to Steve Werner

I second the steve opinion. This is 1.0 version of sync settings and depending upon the user feedback we will expand this feature in upcoming release.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2013 10:45 AM   in reply to Community Help

I just installed ID CC and there is no sync option or tab in preferences, but there is for Photoshop and Illustrator.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2013 10:51 AM   in reply to tylerpage12

Install the 9.1 update.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2013 11:50 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Bob is correct. Syncing settings didn't come with InDesign CC 9.0. It was added in the 9.1 update.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2013 11:52 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Got it. Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 9:14 AM   in reply to Community Help

I've installed the 9.1 update, and I see the sync settings on both the Mac and PC, but nothing seems to sync. It appears to sync, and I can see that the preferences file has been copied up to the cloud, but the PDF presets never seem to make it over to my PC. It still shows the default PDF presets, not all my custom ones.

Any idea how to fix this?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 9:39 AM   in reply to Stewart Design

I've found the same with Mac and Windows. I'm not sure what does and

doesn't sync crossplatform.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 9:59 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Ah, okay, thanks for letting me know. I'll stop beating my head against the wall to try to make it work. Maybe the PDF presets aren't cross-platform compatible. Too bad though-- was hoping to work seamlessly between my 2 machines.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 10:02 AM   in reply to Stewart Design

PDF presets are not platform specific, so it's likely they just are not included yet.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 10:17 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

PDF Presets is listed as being capable of being synced in InDesign 9.1. I'm imagining that it is a bug if it is not working, and will be fixed in the next update to InDesign.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 10:17 PM   in reply to Steve Werner

I would like to update that with Version 1.0 of Sync Setting feature PDF preset can be synced cross platform(Win/MAC). In current version of sync setting we are syncing following 5 assets.

1.) PDF Preset

2.) Workspaces

3.) Glyph sets

4.) Menu Set

5.) Keyboard shortcut set

Out of above 5 i "Keyboard Shortcut set" is the one which is not supported cross platform. Rest four are fully supported cross platform.

I would like to update you that version 1.0 of sync setting feature  will not sync your already existing asset. Stewart, in your case your customized PDF preset were already existing before you updated your application to Indesign 9.1which inturns enable sync setting feature.

If you now create any new PDF preset then you should be able to sync this across platform (Let me know if you face any issue in this workflow).

As a workaround for your already existing PDF preset you can do the following steps.

- Edit the existing PDF preset.

- Make any modification. Let says turn ON and the OFF any check box (This will not hamper the original settings of your preset)

- Save after editing.

Now if you will sync from machine#1 and sync on machine#2 the you should be able to get your customized PDF preset.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2013 4:27 AM   in reply to Dinesh Kukreja

Dimesh,

That worked-- thanks! I simply turned on and off a check box for each of my custom PDF settings, and they synched that time. Thank you very much.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2013 5:18 AM   in reply to Stewart Design

Thanks, Dimesh, that's helpful to know!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers