Skip navigation
johnsondixon
Currently Being Moderated

Saving not working in InDesign CS6

Aug 26, 2013 3:37 PM

I recently installed a trial version of CreativeWorx Time Tracker software for Creative Suite. I didn't really like the way it functioned, so I removed it from the applications (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator). Now in InDesign, the saving functions no longer works. When I select "save as" or "save a copy" nothing happens. No screen to name or choose where to save it. InDesign also no longer prompts you to save a document when closing the file/program - it will close without saving at all! Do you have any suggestions as to why this would happen? I've tried reinstalling InDesign, uninstalling InDesign and then reinstalling it but I still have the same issues. Any suggestions?
thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 26, 2013 4:30 PM   in reply to johnsondixon

You can try trashing the prefs. See Replace Your Preferences

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 10:51 AM   in reply to johnsondixon

Try uninstallling again, run the Cleaner tool and reinstall.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 12:28 PM   in reply to johnsondixon

Any third party plugins? Other open programs, background programs?

OS? Does it work in a new user account?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 3:41 PM   in reply to johnsondixon

Go to Users and add a new user, then restart the Mac and log in user that new user.

You can also try starting up in "safe mode" by holding down the Shift key as you start up. If ID works in Safe mode you have a conflict with some other program.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 3:42 PM   in reply to johnsondixon

Try going to System Preferences/System/Accounts and add a new user account there. Log into the computer using this new account and try running ID. Does it work now.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2013 12:26 PM   in reply to johnsondixon

Trash the prefs in the original account. See Replace Your Preferences and also remove the additional files/folders you'll find in John's list at Adobe Forums: InDesign crashes at startup

These are HIDDEN, so you need to show hidden files inthe user library. See Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion

If that doesn't do it, trahs the whole Adobe folder from that user library and copy the them from the new account.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points