Skip navigation
SER617
Currently Being Moderated

"Show Next" in Track Text Edits Skips Over Edited Text

Aug 27, 2013 8:00 AM

Tags: #framemaker10 #framemaker_10 #track_text_edits #show_next

We use track text edits in our documents (using FM 10). However, we have noticed that when looking for the edits (i.e. by clicking "show next"), it skips over some edited content. Does anyone know why or how to fix this? Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 27, 2013 9:52 AM   in reply to SER617

Which point version of FM10 (i.e. is it patched to the last released version 10.0.2)?

Are there any conditional text indicators being used?

Is there anything similar to the edited text that is being skipped over (e.g. having a condition applied, containing a specific character tag or having a specific paratag applied, etc.)?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 10:15 AM   in reply to SER617

Is all the edit content in the same Flow?

Normally, find operations don't find things in natural order when the text in question is in anchored frames or tables. I've not used the Track Edits feature but wouldn't be at all surprised if next/prev are traversing the same data structures that Find uses, and with the same darty behavior for non-mainline text.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2013 9:57 AM   in reply to SER617

If the footnote section symbols (I'm assuming that you mean the "§" symbol) shows the deleted/added markup with the Track Text Edits enabled, then something is funky in the document. Only the content of the footnote paragraph should be shown with the markup.

Perhaps try doing a MIFwash (e.g. save as MIF, open thee MIF vrsion and re-save as FM binary) to see if this cleans out the cruft.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2013 11:22 AM   in reply to SER617

No. A MIF wash just writes out the contents of the FM internal database in a human readable form. It uses strict rules and any garbage that is discovered gets discarded.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points