Skip navigation
SaraPLDG
Currently Being Moderated

URLs work outside of hyperlinks, but not in PDF...?

Aug 27, 2013 9:41 AM

Tags: #pro #url #hyperlink #adobe_reader_x

I placed dozens of hyperlinks in a document, checking each one before I pasted them into the hyperlink URL window for each link. They all work fine from either Word or just pasting them into a browser. However, half of them give me a "Page Not Found" message when I click on them from my hyperlinked PDF. Note that these URLs have the % symbol at the end to direct to a specific spot on the page (such as content at the end of a page, so the viewer does not have to scroll). Is that the reason they don't work? Again, they work just fine if they are clicked on anywhere else but not from my PDF. Any ideas? Thanks so much for the help!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 27, 2013 9:50 AM   in reply to SaraPLDG

% symbol at the end is the start of a URL escape which must include three characters. It is an invalid URL if it ends with a %, or so it seems to me, but perhaps you could give an example.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 27, 2013 10:05 AM   in reply to SaraPLDG

# is good. But look at what you think are %, and you will probably find there is a 3 character sequence like %21 or %AD. These three characters substitute for a single character in a URL, and are often needed. For example a URL must not contain a space, but it can contain %20, which means space.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points