Skip navigation
texber2012
Currently Being Moderated

Copy Keyframes from Spreadsheet AE CS5.5

Aug 27, 2013 1:07 PM

I've copied position keyframes from an AE composition to an Excel spreadsheet, did some editing and now I'm trying to copy/paste the new data back into the composition layer.  The "Paste" will not work.  I'm sure it must be something simple, but I cannot come up with it.  Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 27, 2013 1:31 PM   in reply to texber2012

Keyframes are just coma separated. You are going to be better off using a plain text editor. Excel is going to throw in a bunch of unnecessary code.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 9:17 PM   in reply to texber2012

You should use a plain text editor.

I forgot to mention that bezier information is not translated outside of AE. You'll end up with straight lines between points. If that's what you are seeing then that is normal. The copied keyframe data should look like the top of this exampls (invisibles showing) not like the bottom example (pasted from a word processor)

Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 9.14.00 PM.png

Once again, don't expect curved paths or easing to be reproduced or edited. These values do not leave AE. I don't know where they are hidden, but when the clipboard data is sent to another app all interpolation between keyframes is lost.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 11:31 PM   in reply to texber2012

Tried Word, that did not work either.

But then again, Word is not a "text editor"... Use Textpad, BBEdit or even your system's own Editor application.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points