Skip navigation
Tinilily
Currently Being Moderated

jumping keyframes when rendering

Aug 28, 2013 9:51 AM

Hello,

so I've been creating some scenes with Keyframes, taking a video and cutting out a character with them. Everything is perfect.

1. When I turn the computer off and on again the next day they jumped away.

2. When I render the Scene the video looks as if the keyframes are delayed. When I look at it again everything is fine.

I'm not sure what's going on

I hope someone can help me with it. please?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 27, 2013 9:20 PM   in reply to Tinilily

There's not enough information about your project to make a better guess than disk cache problems or uncompressed video rendered and played back through your media player.

I have no idea what you mean by 'they jumped away.' Keyframe data does not change when you re-open the project. We need to know specifics and see a screenshot.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 11:32 PM   in reply to Tinilily

We need system information, render settings, comp settings, screenshots. We literally know nothing about your stuff.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2013 12:34 AM   in reply to Tinilily

Screenshot of your AE project with keyframes revealed. Press the u key twice (do not know the german equivalent but it may be the same) to reveal all changed properties for each layer and send us something like this.

example.jpg

Then close AE, re-open your project and send us a screenshot of the same comp with changed keyframe values. If you can park the CTI on a keyframe that changes values so we can see what is going on.

It would also help to know what you are animating. From the screenshot I think it might be the mask paths but I don't know.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2013 1:53 AM   in reply to Tinilily

Your mask keyframes are not changing. Your footage is. What is the source of the footage? What codec?

Try rendering the original footage to a production codec or an image sequence and then replacing it in your project.

Look at this animated gif carefully and observe the masked area. It never changes. It would even look better if you had selected the layer in the second screenshot so we could have seen the mask path. (click on the gif if it is not animating.)

after.gif

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2013 6:33 AM   in reply to Tinilily

The length in and of itself shouldn't be a problem. It's possible that the codec is being screwy within AE for some reason. CS5 usually handles h.264 video alright (much better than CS4), but who knows?

Is your CS5 updated to the latest version? If I recall correctly, there were some bug fix updates released for it that helped when you were working with codecs that weren't production codecs. You should be on version 10.0.2. If not, go forth and update!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points