Skip navigation
Randall_BVG
Currently Being Moderated

PDF Export CS6 InDesign

Aug 27, 2013 1:51 PM

Since we started exporting PDFs from InDesign CS6, the page information line (at bottom of PDF page) shows only arabic numerals. Our i, ii, iii or a, b, c section numbering appears as 1, 2, 3 . . .  How do you correct this, if possible?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 27, 2013 1:56 PM   in reply to Randall_BVG

Do you have view section numbering enabled in the prefs?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 2:05 PM   in reply to Randall_BVG

Do the numbers repeat, or are they the abosolute numbers? To be honest, I don't think I ever looked at the page numbers in the page info section on a file that used multiple sections.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 2:34 PM   in reply to Randall_BVG

In Preview mode, do you see both numbers sections?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2013 10:35 AM   in reply to Randall_BVG

Preview mode will show you just as it says, a preview of what you'll see in the PDF. That's why I was asking you if you saw the correct numbering in preview mode. Do you? Maybe some screenshots will be helpful at this time. Your page panel showing your master pages and regular pages.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2013 11:13 AM   in reply to Ellis home

ELLIS: no, he is talking about the Page Information (a pdf option) OUTSIDE the trimbox, nothing you can see in the masters, pages or similar.

RANDALL: maybe you can "fake" the info in the master pages outside page margins and deactivate the checkbox when exporting to PDF

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2013 11:35 AM   in reply to Fede Gianni

Thanks for clarification. I have never used that feature. But doing a quick test just confirms what the OP described.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2013 12:37 PM   in reply to Randall_BVG

Maybe add a slug area soemplace the printer marks won't interfer and add a current page marker. You probably may need to have the containing frame touch the page.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points