Skip navigation
SirTimbit
Currently Being Moderated

Silent install Premiere Elements 10, 32 and 64-bit

Aug 27, 2013 3:10 PM

I found the article on how to do a silent install of Premiere Elements 10 at http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/silent-install-instruction s-premiere-elements-4.html

My question is how do I combine the 32 and 64-install files, or do I? I have an x86 folder for the 32bit, and x64 for the 64bit versions of Premiere Elements. Each has a PRE 10 and ReadMe folders. Can I combine these folders together, so both 32 and 64-bit versions are all in one PRE 10 folder? It would appear that some files would be overwritten, although most appear to be identical, so not sure how important that is.

Also, can you clarify the setup and location of the optional content folder. I have a folder called "PRE 10 Content" that has several subfolders such as "Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Content 1" and "Adobe Premiere Elements 10 HD Content 1" etc. My understanding is the top level folder should be renamed Templates, but I seem to be getting stuck as to exactly which folder that is. Should the set up be PRE 10\Templates\PRE 10 Content\Setup.exe.

Or, are the installers for 32 and 64-bit versions of Premiere Elements meant to be separate from each other?

Thanks,

Sir_Timbit

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 27, 2013 3:57 PM   in reply to SirTimbit

This is a user to user help forum, not Adobe support

I think you need to contact Adobe http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 5:40 PM   in reply to SirTimbit

SirTimbit

John T. Smith's input sounds sound, there may be one block in pursuing that suggestion.

I would agree with John T. Smith that Adobe is the one to sort out its Adobe Tech document for you if it will. It often restricts its assistance if the matter does not relate to purchased/registered/current version. And, Premiere Elements is not the current version.

Have you contacted Adobe about this matter and been refused help for the reason that I referred to?

And, out of curiosity, I would ask "Does the following apply to you?

Only Enterprise customers can perform the following procedures to silently install Adobe Premiere Elements 10 on Windows with an Adobe volume license (AVL).

What computer are you using and how many installation discs do you have?

Adobe is indeed your first choice, maybe your only choice, on this if it will help you with version 10.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2013 8:10 AM   in reply to SirTimbit

SirTimbit

Thanks for the follow up.

Hope that Adobe can help you work through the details of its how to document on that Silent Install.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points