Skip navigation
theultimateandy
Currently Being Moderated

Video in editing screen and final video completely different

Aug 27, 2013 4:26 PM

Tags: #problem #adobe #premiere #elements_9

I am having troubles with the final video coming out like the video on the editing screen.   One video I am working on has 3 video clips in the screen.  1 video takes up the left half of the screen, the other

two on the right side, one right on top of the other.  Once the video is processed and I have the final video, there is a large gap between the 2 videos on the right and it pushes the video down (see examples below.)    I also had a differerent video where I was using the track matte key, on the final video, the blurred area I had did not follow the area I was trying to blur out, please help.

As seen in editor

Elements screen shot.jpg

Final product

Elements screen shot final.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 27, 2013 4:49 PM   in reply to theultimateandy

theultimateandy

Matters such as these typically go to the way the project was set up, import and/or export wise. And, details of the workflow help to sort out the factors that need remedying.

Unfortuately, your thread is lacking that type of information to be able to help you. Could you please supply the following information to help us help you?

1. What version of Premiere Elements are you working with and on what computer operating system is it running?

2. What are the properties of the source media that you are putting on the Timeline...video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate, aspect ratio, progressive or interlaced, file extension. Any other? What effects did you appy to the footage on the Timeline?

3. In view of your source media, what did you set as the project preset for that project?

4. What was your export choice with and its settings...looking for Share/Computer (or Publish+Share)/Computer/? and what was set in the Presets field?

Did you customize the settings under the Advanced Button/Video Tab and Audio Tab of the preset selected? If so, to what?

5. What is your intended export for your Timeline.

The answers will be in the details. So, please lots of details.

We will be watching for your follow up.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need clarification on anything that I have written.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 6:18 PM   in reply to theultimateandy

theultimateandy

I would like to have had a firm background on the video, but right now let us see what we can do with what we have.

1. Even if you have 720p60 and are using the NTSC AVCHD AVCHD-LITE 720p60 project preset, you are still getting the program being told by the project preset to give you a space in the Edit Mode monitor appropriate for 1280 x 720 footage (720p).

2. And, it would appear that you are scaling files to share the frame space. Are you filling all the 1280 x 720 space provided in the monitor for editing purpose. The upper left may not, but please adjust so that the images go to the edges with scaling.

3. Now go to Share/Computer/Windows Media. Use Presets = Cable Modem, DSL.

Under the Advanced Button/Video Tab, set as seen in the included screenshot

wmv.JPG

Leave everything else as is for now.

I have road tested the above, using the 720p60 project preset, and scaling four images to fit the 1280 x 720 monitor space.

With this Windows Media export, all displayed without spaces between the four images on screen. Playback Windows Media Player 12, Windows 7 64 bit.

Please give this a look at and then we will decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 9:21 PM   in reply to theultimateandy

Andy,

Glad that worried for you.

The key was in knowing what you started with and matching the best possible settings in the Expert Settings dialog under the Advanced Button of the Preset.

If you have not already, try applying that principle to another type of export. If you run into problems, I will offer a set of settings to try for that.

Focus...project preset to match the properties of your source media...the export settings can be different. But, we can go through that case by case with you so that you can pick up the trend so that it becomes second nature to you.

Congratulations on your success. Keep up the good work.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points