Skip navigation
r0rymm
Currently Being Moderated

Opening new files replace opened files

Aug 27, 2013 6:23 PM

Tags: #error #bug #file_opening #dreamweaver_cc

After updating to Dreamweaver 13.1 when I open a files it replaces the file previously opened.

So if I open index.php then news.php, the index.php file is renamed to news.php and contains the code of news.php . Giving me 2 files exactly the same open. Any ideas whats going wrong?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 27, 2013 7:25 PM   in reply to r0rymm

Hi r0rymm,

The team is looking into this issue to see if we can reproduce it at our end as well. Will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 9:29 PM   in reply to r0rymm

hi r0rymm

we tried your steps but coudnt recreate the issue

it would be great if you provide details of the steps.

HTH

Veeresh

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2013 2:24 PM   in reply to r0rymm

Which operating system do you have?

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2013 2:35 PM   in reply to r0rymm

Does this happen only with the Fluid Grid files or all files?

You might try creating a new admin user account and test it from there.

Mac 10.8 - http://support.apple.com/kb/PH11468

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2013 4:04 PM   in reply to r0rymm

OK.  That's good to know.

Your old user account is either corrupted or the file permissions are messed up.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2013 7:07 PM   in reply to Nancy O.

I am also having this issue. Here are the steps that have caused it:

1. Dreamweaver is open
    2. Using ForkLift, I access the files remotely and open the files with Dreamweaver
    3. Every subsequent file that is opened (besides a style.css file) replaces the previous open files. Thus, a series of tabs that should be thing1.php, thing1.js, thing1.html is instead three instances of thing1.html, as that was the last file opened.

This only began happening with the latest update. I am also running OSX 10.8.4.

I've tested this opening local files from Finder and that does not cause this issue. It specifically when opening the file through another program to edit, like ForkLift or any other FTP program. So it may be related to the creation of temporary files in the Caches folder?

Adam

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2013 1:18 PM   in reply to Nancy O.

Just wanted to give another update.

This seems to happen with every kind of file BESIDES CSS files. This includes HTML, JS, PHP, and TXT. This also only happens when accessing remote files. Local files open fine.

I created a new administrator account and followed the same actions and still had the issue, so I don't think it's a matter of corrupt permissions. I also tested to see if this occurred in other apps (opening PHP, TXT, etc. files with TextEdit) and did not have the same issue.

Update: After switching back to my main account, the CSS file was now being replaced just like anything else. After restarting the computer, it went back to its previous method of replacing everything but the CSS file.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2013 1:23 PM   in reply to AdamSoandso

Very weird.  Have you filed an official bug report?

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2013 3:25 AM   in reply to Nancy O.

Thank you guys for bringing this to our notice . We have a bug logged internally and I will keep you updated on the developments on this front

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2013 11:57 AM   in reply to r0rymm

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you.  Which operating system & version of DW are you using?

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2013 11:35 AM   in reply to r0rymm

Just FYI, I submitted a bug report regarding this after my last message and received a response that they have managed to replicate the issue and are working on a fix. No idea when that may happen, though. Still having the same annoying issue and it was imperative to my workflow before, so hopefully there will be an update soon.

Adam

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 10:32 PM   in reply to AdamSoandso

@rorymm : As Adam said we got the steps from Adam to repro the issue in house .

Can you please let us know if you too are using any ftp programs to open files in DW as Adam does

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2013 6:31 AM   in reply to r0rymm

Hello, I encounter exactly the same issue: I use Dreamweaver and Forklift and every time I want to open a file directly from the FTP server, the already opened files are replaced by the new one...

Please find a solution quicly as it is nearly impossible to work like this...

All the best,

Tudor Ciobanu

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points