Currently Being Moderated

When will Flash Builder 5 be released?

Aug 27, 2013 10:02 PM

When will Flash Builder 5 be released?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 21, 2013 12:29 PM   in reply to whatkindisthis

+1 for the question

Hey Adobe, any plans for next Flash Builder? 4.8? 5.0?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 24, 2013 12:43 PM   in reply to drunk.cat

Inquiring minds want to know!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2013 3:35 PM   in reply to Intoxo Pox

Hope this was true flash builder 5, but I think no.  

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2013 1:35 PM   in reply to whatkindisthis

The comments on http://inflagrantedelicto.memoryspiral.com/2013/10/update-air-sdk-and- asc2-for-flash-builder-4-7/ says Adobe killed FB5.

Then what is next, Adobe?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2013 4:16 PM   in reply to rjp421

Do you really think Adobe has any interest in Flex anymore?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2013 3:46 PM   in reply to whatkindisthis

I think this is ridiculous, cant Adobe post some sort of FB roadmap (if one exists) and let those of us using flex know whether there will be tools coming. If FB is dead then I might as well stop developing in it. I can believe the entire product line for flash is geared around games. Some of us out here actually make applications for business and not entertainment.

Its horrible that adobe's move to open source flex has basically dropped the bottom out of the flex community. Frameworks like parsley, mate, etc. have all been abandoned since there is really no clear direction for the technology.

I pay adobe for the creative cloud subscription and I want to know whether the app I live in will be alive in the future. If not I will give up on my adobe subscription, I can live without photoshop, illustrator and fireworks. Then my money is probably better spent with Xamarin or something like that where I can develop in C# anyway since all my backend stuff is MS stack technology.

I for one have been involved in Flash developement since the days of Future Splash Animator when macromedia bought it and made it Flash v1. Its a shame to give up on a platform with so many current features and so much potential.

Adobe, let us know.

Maybe we can get adobe to open source the FB IDE code.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2014 6:13 AM   in reply to jmichas

Any update on this? Can we get some sort of a roadmap or something? Should we be moving to other products (FDT, FlashDevelop)? I prefer Flash Builder but it lacks features and stability. It's not perfect but it does the job. What's next Adobe?

|
    Mark as:
  • Benjamin Kobjolke
    9 posts
    Nov 20, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 15, 2014 1:23 AM   in reply to whatkindisthis

Maybe Adobe will abandon Flash Builder in the future. They updated all product names to "CC" like "Photoshop CC" but Flash Builder still has a number in the name. At least it seems like they don't care alot about this product.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points