Skip navigation
gringerro
Currently Being Moderated

"Files referenced by the session could not be found" despite correct session's closure.

Aug 28, 2013 9:55 AM

Tags: #error #files #bug #weird #misssing #audition_cs6

Hi all.

I have recently been recording some guitar on my PC using Audition CS6. All worked beautifully for three days, then today when I tried to open the session I got the Audition's message saying "8 Files referenced by the session could not be found".

When I opened the session (having missing files marked as offline) I realised that basically all recordings made previous day (and only those ones) were missing. I know I closed the session properly that day, there was no software crash, no power loss etc.

When I click the offline file(s) I can see them location as: "C:\Users\......" (please see screenshot below) instead of my session's location which is on another partition. The problem is that this location does not physically exist. When I navigate to this location (by asking Windows to show all possible hidden folders and files including the system files) my journey finishes in folder 5.0 then there's only one folder with name consisting of some random letters BUT this is not the folder as shown by audition. I tried to search for *.wav files and *.pkf in AppData folder and in whole computer, no luck, these files have apparently vanished.

I have fresh install of WIn8 x64, also the Audition CS6 has just been installed.

Three questions.

1. Where are the files?

2. Why did it happened?

3. How to aviod this happening again?

Thanks in advance and have a good day.

gringerro.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30281137/a.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 28, 2013 10:01 AM   in reply to gringerro

Can you send this .sesx file to audbugs@adobe.com and I'll ask someone to take a look?

Since Audition Multitrack records directly to disk, it may just be that the reference to these files is incorrect but that the files remain on disk.  If you look in the folder you created this session in, there should be a subdirectory appended with "_Recorded" which should hold all audio recorded within the session.  If you find the files these clips are looking for there, you can open the session and choose to link the missing files to this new location.

I've seen a small handful of reports about this behavior before, but I don't think we've been able to reproduce it in-house before.  Do you recall if, after recording these clips, you performed any editing on them in Waveform view?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 28, 2013 10:20 AM   in reply to gringerro

Thanks for the additional details.  It's odd that it would permit a second CTRL+S operation as the command should be disabled if the session has not been changed since the last save.  That certainly implies the first, fast save operation was not successful.

If you have a few minutes, could you check in Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application and see if there were any entries from Audition around the time you performed this save or recorded these clips?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points