Skip navigation
honey bunches of oats
Currently Being Moderated

problem converting horizontal to vertical

Aug 28, 2013 12:11 PM

I have downloaded photos from an Iphone 4s to my desktop computer.  The photos are horizontal and when I rotate them to vertical and try to save them I get the message " could not complete your request because of a program error".  I have no problem doing this with photos from my Canon camera.   Any suggestions ? ?

Replies
  • JJMack
    6,057 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Aug 28, 2013 2:23 PM   in reply to honey bunches of oats

Can you give us a little more information. How are you rotating them in Photoshop and format are you saving them in and where are you trying to save them.

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,057 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Aug 29, 2013 3:24 PM   in reply to honey bunches of oats

honey bunches of oats wrote:

To answer your questions:

When the photos have been downloaded from the Iphone they have been saved in photoshop.

Please post one of these files. That have been downloaded from the iPhone.  By the way how were they downloaded with the iPhone mounted on your MAC or PC so the iPhone camera roll is accessible to your computer's file system and you did a file copy or did you download using iTunes?

You wrote that they were save using Photoshop.  Did you use Photoshop to open files on your iPhone camera roll then save them to your computer's file system.  You state you can open them in Photoshop rotate them but not save them rotated. Where are you trying to save then on your iPhone camera roll or into one of your computers storage device.   Please post one of these non rotated image files.

If I open a jpeg image in Photoshop rotate it 90 degrees and use File>Save Photoshop does not pop up the JPEG save options it just overwrites the original file. So you getting that popup seems strange to me. So please post one of you files.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 8, 2013 11:14 AM   in reply to JJMack

First to let you know the photos were not downloaded directly from the IPhone.   My daughter emailed the photos to me and then I saved them in photoshop.

I did not open the files on the IPhone and then save them to my computer.

When I rotated them I tried to just save them in Photoshop.

I tried to post one of the non-rotated image it was too large.  I tried reducing the size in photoshop - but could not save it as I received the same message - could not complete your request because of a program error.  I did send you one by e-mail.

By the way even when I open a photo from my regular camera that I have saved in Photoshop, rotate it and then use file/save I still get the JPEG options screen - I just click OK and the photo is saved with no problem and no mesaage.

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,057 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Sep 8, 2013 6:49 PM   in reply to honey bunches of oats

There are sharing site you can upload the image file like yousendit, https://www.hightail.com/login.php?es= dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/

https://www.dropbox.com/I did not get it via e-mail

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 9, 2013 7:21 AM   in reply to JJMack

I have sent two photos through yousendit.   The one from the IPhone is three.jpg and one from my regular camera is 1176.jpg

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,057 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Sep 9, 2013 9:31 AM   in reply to my dog honey

You need to put the yousendit links in a post here so we can download them... for example https://www.hightail.com/download/OGhmaXRJYXlBNkZFQmNUQw

go to your yousendit saved folder and  saved folder highlight then file click action then click get link copy link paste it here.  I'm not getting e-mail from you for some unknown reason???

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 9, 2013 10:03 AM   in reply to JJMack

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,057 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Sep 9, 2013 10:34 AM   in reply to my dog honey

There were two jpeg images one large and one 1600x1200px I could open them in CS6 and rotate then and save them I could also rotate them in windows file explorer. Had no problem  posting the resizes  and the original size girl picture rotated here. Right click on the and open in new tab or window. Ar you sure your using menu Image>Image Rotation>90 CW or 90 CCW ???  I notice you wrote Canvas Rotate.... Try resetting your Photoshop preferences.....

IMG_1176rotate90.jpg

threerotate90resized.jpg

threerotate90.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points