Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do I download and install MPEG-2 TS Codec for PE7.0 ?

Aug 28, 2013 6:07 PM

Please help!

I recently bought a Hauppauge HD PVR 2 gaming edition and it captures video in the MPEG-2 TS format however I can't import these files into Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0 because I get the error message that the proper Codecs aren't installed.

I've done a google search in an attempt to figure it out and I downloaded something called G-Spot because another forum said it was the solution but I have no idea what it does or how it works so its basically useless to me. I've spent the past 2 hours trying to find a solution and I keep coming up with nothing.

I have very little knowledge about codecs and stuff like that so I need some expert step by step instructions on how to get these MPEG-2 TS files working in my PE7 program!

I appreciate any and all help, thanks in advance!

-Zomb-e

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 28, 2013 6:16 PM   in reply to ZOMB-E

G-Spot is an AV file information utility. It will survey your system, to tell you which CODEC's are installed, but it's main purpose is to identify the properties of an AV file.

Now, I would start with Hauppauge, to see if they offer their CODEC's.

Also, remember that there are three uses for CODEC's, Playback, Encoding and then Editing. All will not work everywhere. See this FAQ Entry for more detail: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/546811?tstart=0

It could well be that the Hauppauge MPEG2 version of the CODEC, will not work in PrE. It just depends.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2013 6:53 PM   in reply to ZOMB-E

ZOMB-E

The gspot utility is an excellent utility for sorting out the type of issue that you present. There should not be any problem downloading, installing it, and using it.

Did you download from:

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Did you have any problems installing it. It should be straight forward.

If you have gotten its desktop icon, then double click that icon to get the following dialog. (If you get an intermediate dialog for "Run", click "Run". Of immediate importance is what is in the fields for Video Codec, Name, and Status and Audio Codec, Name, and Status. On some occasions gspot has been know to give an incomplete readout. Let us see if it will give us a full readout in your case.

gspot.JPG

For overall video properties, then the Media Info (tree view) video properties readout can be very valuable.

http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Although codec is mentioned in your error message, the MediaInfo may give a broader insight into what is going on with your choice for capture format, including Video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate, aspect ratio, file extension, duration, interlaced or progressive, etc.

We will be watching for your follow up. The answers will be in your details.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2013 9:16 PM   in reply to ZOMB-E

ZOMB-E

Thanks for the follow up. Glad that worked out for you.

And, thanks for the opportunity to be of assistance.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points