Skip navigation
sandyb2010
Currently Being Moderated

NEF thumbnails showing as bright pink why?

Aug 29, 2013 1:51 AM

Tags: #adobe #raw #bridge #pink #nef #acr

My NEF thumbnails have just started showing as bright pink in Bridge. They are ok when  I open them in ACR. I am using cs6 and Mac 10.5.6

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Aug 29, 2013 2:08 AM   in reply to sandyb2010

In Bridge go to menu bar and select: Adobe Bridge CS6 / Camera Raw Preferences

If under default image settings a checkmark shows in front of Apply Auto tone adjustments deselect it and hit OK. (the thumbs should rebuild but otherwise use menu tools / cache/ purge cache for folder to get the original thumbnails back.

If this does not work try to add a screenshot with the problem.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Aug 30, 2013 2:13 AM   in reply to sandyb2010

That is indeed weird, no experience with Nikon (use Canon ) but it is not the first time problems about interaction between both brands are reported.

However if it worked before there might have been some setting in NX2 changed if your Bridge settings did not change. But using Bridge Photodownloader from card reader is a workflow I am using for a long time without problems other then not importing High speed series not imported in the correct order as they where shot (using sort by create date in Bridge usually corrects this)

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 31, 2013 8:55 AM   in reply to sandyb2010

There was problems with NX1 in past, but have not heard any of NX2, which was why it was revised.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 31, 2013 7:07 PM   in reply to sandyb2010

You might want to check in edit/camera raw preferences.  If you have any of the default setting boxes checked that could foul you up.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points