• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot install app on ios 7: PackageInspectionFailed, did not have bundle identifier

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My adobe-air 3.8 powered app can be installed and runon ipads running ios 5 and 6.

But the same apk file cannot be installed on a ipad running ios 7(11A4449d).

I install the app using adt.  I tried both developement provision and ad-hoc provision. same result.

Here's the error from the iphone console logs:

Aug 30 17:24:25 Issa-mato-iPad mc_mobile_tunnel[168] <Notice>: (Note ) MC: mc_mobile_tunnel starting.

Aug 30 17:24:33 Issa-mato-iPad mobile_installation_proxy[151] <Warning>: LaunchServices: Please include the kCFBundleIdentifierKey in the options dictionary when installing an app.

Aug 30 17:24:33 Issa-mato-iPad mobile_installation_proxy[151] <Warning>: LaunchServices: installing app for existing placeholder (null)

Aug 30 17:24:33 Issa-mato-iPad installd[60] <Notice>: 0x295000 handle_install_for_ls: Install of "/var/mobile/Media/PublicStaging/IDA.ipa" requested by mobile_installation_proxy

Aug 30 17:24:35 Issa-mato-iPad mc_mobile_tunnel[168] <Notice>: (Note ) MC: mc_mobile_tunnel shutting down.

Aug 30 17:24:39 Issa-mato-iPad installd[60] <Error>: 0x295000 peruse_package: App info dict loaded from "/var/tmp/install_staging.rpo8d8/foo_extracted/Payload/IDA.app" did not have bundle identifier

Aug 30 17:24:39 Issa-mato-iPad installd[60] <Error>: 0x295000 stage_package: Could not peruse package at /var/tmp/install_staging.rpo8d8/foo_extracted

Aug 30 17:24:39 Issa-mato-iPad mobile_installation_proxy[151] <Error>: 0x345000 MobileInstallationInstallForLaunchServices: failed with -1

Aug 30 17:24:39 Issa-mato-iPad installd[60] <Error>: 0x295000 MobileInstallationInstall_Server: Could not stage the package

Aug 30 17:24:39 Issa-mato-iPad mobile_installation_proxy[151] <Warning>: ERROR: MobileInstallationInstallForLaunchServices returned nil

Aug 30 17:24:39 Issa-mato-iPad mobile_installation_proxy[151] <Error>: 0x345000 handle_install: Installation failed: Error Domain=LaunchServicesError Code=0 "The operation couldnt be completed. (LaunchServicesError error 0.)" UserInfo=0x16610680 {Error=PackageInspectionFailed}

Aug 30 17:24:39 Issa-mato-iPad installd[60] <Error>: 0x295000 handle_install_for_ls: API failed

is this a bug in adobe air sdk?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

The problem was caused by the presence of a folder called "resources" packaged into the ipa:

here's the relavant line passed to adt in ant:

<arg line="-C . resources"/>

Once I changed it "resources" to something else, the installation worked on ios 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Could you please confirm following:

-Is your iOS7 device added in the  certificate.p12  you are using to package the ipa?

-Command you are using for installing the app?

Thanks,

Sakshi

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2013 Aug 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I upgraded to ios 7, I could install the app.

My ios 7 device has the correct provision file(I opend the provision file in a text editor, and can find the device id there).  I opened the gerenated ipa file, and extracted the info.plist file, the bundle name is there in the plist file.

The ios 7 build configuration is the same as ios 6( I haven't changed certificate, provision files)

I use ant to build the ipa.

<java jar="${ADT}" dir="${airpackage.dir}" fork="true" failonerror="true">

<arg line="-package"/>

<arg line="-target ipa-ad-hoc"/>

<arg line="-storetype pkcs12"/>

<arg line="-keystore ${ios.certificate.file}"/>

<arg line="-storepass ${ios.certificate.pass}"/>

<arg line="-provisioning-profile ${ios.provisioning.profile}"/>

<arg value="${app.name}.ipa"/>

<arg value="${ios.app.descriptor}"/>

<arg line="${app.name}.swf"/>

<arg line="-C . Default-Landscape.png"/>

<arg line="-C . Default-Landscape@2x.png"/>

<arg line="-extdir ane"/>

</java>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the same provision and key to package another app and installed on the same ios 7 device successfully.  so the problem doesn't relate to provision profile.

One difference is the one with problems uses some ANEs.

what's going on here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem was caused by the presence of a folder called "resources" packaged into the ipa:

here's the relavant line passed to adt in ant:

<arg line="-C . resources"/>

Once I changed it "resources" to something else, the installation worked on ios 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2013 Sep 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah... just rename "resources" directory (to “res”, for example) and works!!!!

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2013 Oct 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having the same problem. But I am not installing using adt. In FB, I just click on "Project" -> "Export release build" to create an .ipa file to install via iTunes.

Can someone help me fix this? I obviously can't chnange the line of code!

What "Resource" directory are you referring to?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have any folder named "resources" in your project change it to another name.

You should also check if you have file names without UTF-8 characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. I check my project folder under "Adobe Flash Builder 4.7", there isn't any folder named "resources"....  The only ones that actuall have the word "resources" are under the metadata\.plugins folder, those of org.eclipse.core.resources . Other than that, I don't see any other folder named "resources".

Do you have any other suggestion? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get this work??? I got the same problem.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as i said, in the apple developer platform, i just enabled the push notifications, and in the application description i put this:

<iPhone>

<Entitlements>

<![CDATA[

<key>get-task-allow</key>

<true/>

<key>aps-environment</key>

<string>production</string><!-- development -->

<key>application-identifier</key>

<string>AppPrefix.AppId</string>

<key>keychain-access-groups</key>

<array>

<string>AppPrefix.*</string>

</array>

]]>

</Entitlements>

pd: change AppPrefix for your own Application Prefix and AppId for your Application Id, that is given when you create your AppId in the Apple Developer Platform, remember to enable your PushNotification option

i found this solution after 48h searching for it, i know that this is not the best solution, but it works

hope it works for you too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what you said but still have the problem, which SDK do you use? I did not set the icon in the application description..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as nya,how can I fix this with "Project" -> "Export release build"????THX.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same with directory named "contents" in the ipa package.
Is there a list of "forbidden" words?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found this PackageInspectionFailed error happens totally randomly. I will build, it works, I change nothing and build again, it fails. I reboot the computer and build again, it works. No "resources" folder involved. For me it's happening on both iOS 6 and 7, and it's the IPA files themselves which are corrupt. When it happens to production builds they can't be uploaded to the App Store and I get a similar error about codesign verification failing. I've reported it to Adobe and they suggest we vote for them to fix this issue:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3650414

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Can't install ipa to iOS7 devices with correct cert and provision files. I dont have any resources directory. (Air 3.8)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No chance with Air 3.9 too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terstepki, SarahNorthway, nya.

I made the mistake of updating my Ipad 4 to IOS 7.0. Now my .ipa file out of Flash Builder 4.7 using AIR SDK 3.9 found here:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/air-sdk-download.html

Will not install. Basically the icon is greyed out and everytime I touch the icon underneath the graphic I get the "Installing" word which sits there for hours (got fustrated so I needed a dinner break).

This did not happen on IOS 5 and 6. Has anybody found a solution for this? I am not using ADT. I am using the Run Configurations to create a .ipa out of Flash Builder. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

I get the same results on my Macintosh machine running 10.7.5 and on the laptop running 10.8.5. Thanks........ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing same issue .. please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2014 May 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem, did anyone find a solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

i had the same problem, and the solution that i found was that when yo create your iOS App ID, just enables the push notifications for that app, and that's it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with this error is that there are too many conditions that cause the same Error message with no additional information about what is the root cause.

So some of the answers on this post (eg: folder name conflict) may be relevant to some cases, and other answers (clean the project) solve other issues, but there is no one answer to the PackageInspectionFailed error.

It's extremely frustrating - are there logs somewhere that can provide more details about what is causing the failure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2014 Jun 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.
If i try to install the .ipa over iTunes it stuck by installing.

(instead of running normally its name changes to "installing" and it never changes until app is deleted from the device)ere'

Here's the errors i get:

Jun 11 16:23:56 iPad itunesstored[97] <Warning>: LaunchServices: Creating installProgressForApplication:LSApplicationProxy: com.workid.dev.myapptest (Placeholder) withPhase:0
Jun 11 16:23:56 iPad lsd[69] <Warning>: LaunchServices: Updating installState for parent <NSProgress: phase=Installing; state=Failed; fractionCompleted=0.000000> to LSInstallStateWaiting

Jun 11 16:23:56 iPad lsd[69] <Warning>: LaunchServices: Updating installPhase for parent <NSProgress: phase=Installing; state=Waiting; fractionCompleted=0.000000> to 0

Jun 11 16:24:05 iPad SpringBoard[33] <Warning>: Killing com.workid.dev.myapptest for app installation

Jun 11 16:24:05 iPad itunesstored[97] <Warning>: LaunchServices: installing app for existing placeholder LSApplicationProxy: com.workid.dev.myapptest (Placeholder)

Jun 11 16:24:05 iPad itunesstored[97] <Warning>: LaunchServices: Creating installProgressForApplication:LSApplicationProxy: com.workid.dev.myapptest (Placeholder) withPhase:1

Jun 11 16:24:05 iPad lsd[69] <Warning>: LaunchServices: Updating installPhase for parent <NSProgress: phase=Loading; state=Active; fractionCompleted=0.560000> to 1

Jun 11 16:24:05 iPad installd[60] <Notice>: 0x283000 handle_install_for_ls: Install of "/var/mobile/Media/Downloads/2756300775725993031/-7186270216561608137" requested by itunesstored

Jun 11 16:24:09 iPad installd[60] <Notice>: 0x283000 MobileInstallationInstall_Server: Installing app com.workid.dev.myapptest

Jun 11 16:24:09 iPad installd[60] <Error>: profile not valid: 0xe8008012

Jun 11 16:24:09 iPad installd[60] <Error>: 0x283000 install_embedded_profile: Could not install embedded profile: 0xe8008012

Jun 11 16:24:10 iPad installd[60] <Error>: 0x283000 verify_signer_identity: MISValidateSignatureAndCopyInfo failed for /var/tmp/install_staging.V0AUjh/foo_extracted/Payload/MyAppTest.app/MyAppTest: 0xe8008015

Jun 11 16:24:10 iPad installd[60] <Error>: 0x283000 do_preflight_verification: Could not verify executable at /var/tmp/install_staging.V0AUjh/foo_extracted/Payload/MyAppTest.app

Jun 11 16:24:10 iPad installd[60] <Error>: 0x283000 install_application: Could not preflight application install

Jun 11 16:24:10 iPad itunesstored[97] <Error>: 0x1d77000 MobileInstallationInstallForLaunchServices: failed with -1

Jun 11 16:24:10 iPad itunesstored[97] <Warning>: ERROR: MobileInstallationInstallForLaunchServices returned nil

Jun 11 16:24:10 iPad lsd[69] <Warning>: LaunchServices: installation failed for app com.workid.dev.myapptest

Jun 11 16:24:10 iPad itunesstored[97] <Warning>: LaunchServices: installPhaseFinishedForProgress: com.workid.dev.myapptest.Installing - <NSProgress: phase=Installing; state=Failed; fractionCompleted=0.000000> called, removing progress from cache

Jun 11 16:24:10 iPad lsd[69] <Warning>: LaunchServices: installation failed for app com.workid.dev.myapptest

Jun 11 16:24:10 iPad itunesstored[97] <Warning>: LaunchServices: installPhaseFinishedForProgress: com.workid.dev.myapptest.Loading - <NSProgress: phase=Loading; state=Failed; fractionCompleted=1.000000> called, removing progress from cache

Jun 11 16:24:10 iPad installd[60] <Error>: 0x283000 handle_install_for_ls: API failed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I looked into all the above suggestions, but no joy.

My solution was to use an EXPLICIT App ID for development (previously I had a wildcard App ID and it worked just fine...). Sure, that buggers up debugging directly from Flash Builder, but at least the app installed via iTunes. So, steps were:

1. Apple Developer portal -> create new explicit app ID (to use for development and exporting for iTunes install only)

2. Apple Developer portal -> create development provisioning profile with newly created app ID and export

3. Flash Builder -> edit app descriptor xml to use same explicit app ID in <id> tag

4. Flash Builder -> Export release build using development certificate, mobile provisioning file created in point 2 above and choose Ad Hoc

5. iTunes -> add new file to library and install to device. NOTE: in the past it seems to have been necessary to add the mobile provisioning profile to iTunes too, but iTunes 12 doesn't seem to require it. I just add the .ipa and go.

Hope it helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines