Skip navigation
lancaster@alfred.edu
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Elements 4 stops working and closes when asked to burn a disc.  How can I fix it?

Aug 30, 2013 7:16 AM

Premiere Elements 4 stops working and closes when asked to burn a disc.  How can I fix it?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 30, 2013 7:32 AM   in reply to lancaster@alfred.edu

What operating system are you running?

What processor do you have and how much RAM? How much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your C drive?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

When you started your Premiere Elements project, which settings did you select? You can see, but can not change, your project settings  under the Edit menu.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2013 7:40 AM   in reply to lancaster@alfred.edu

lancaster

In Premiere Elements 4 are you doing burn to DVD or Blu-ray?

Now the classical question..if Share/Disc/DVD disc is involved in your issue, can you still do the burn to folder (Share/Disc/DVD Folder (4.7 GB)?

If you are in a time crunch, then you can use the burn to folder and take the VIDEO_TS Folder of that saved folder into the free ImgBurn for the burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burn_dvd_folder_imgburn.cfm

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on the computer with Premiere Elements 4? Has any of the permission or User Accounts on the computer changed? Are you set for "Run As Administrator" or are you running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

What are you computer resources? And, is your computer optimized...defragmented and no pile ups of preview files, conformed audio, conformed video, etc?

Another classical question....is your video card driver up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on your answers.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...I did not see SG's post until after I had posted mine.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2013 8:03 AM   in reply to lancaster@alfred.edu

Welcome to the forum.

Along with the answers to Steve G's, and ATR's questions, I have a few more questions:

1. Do you get any error messages?
    2. If so, what do they say exactly?
    3. After such a crash, I would go to Windows Event Viewer, looking for any warning, or error messages in both Applications and System. You want to pay special attention to any with links - follow those. What do they say?

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 12, 2013 2:13 PM   in reply to lancaster@alfred.edu

lancaster

Thanks for the update. Sorry about the setbacks and hope you are OK now.

We will be watching for further developments when you get a chance.

I am including a link the an Adobe document of troubleshooting related to Burn to issues.

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/troubleshoot-system-errors -freezes-burning.html

It may or may not help, but just in case.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2013 8:24 AM   in reply to lancaster@alfred.edu

lancaster

Thanks for the follow up.

Please check out those recent updates that you suspect are involved in the burn problems. If that approach does not lead to the resolution of the problem, then we will explore other possibilities.

Have you had a chance to go through the Adobe document mentioned previously in order to rule in or out different factors as cited in the document?

Looking forward to learning of your progress.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points