• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ps file empty when printing from a book file

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to print from a book file to a ps file, the ps file has 0 kb, but no error messages. Frame 11. What can I try to fix this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What default printer is configured when you do this?

Is Use System Fonts disabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdobePDF as printer.

Where is "Use System Fonts"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you manually creating the .ps file? IF SaveAsPDF is not working for FM11, then something is not properly in your installation.

You need to check the AdobePDF printer properties > Adobe PDF Settings tab:

AdobePDF_Rely_on_System_Fonts.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am printing to a ps file because that is the only way that we can print book files with multiple size pages to a single pdf file. It works fine for my co-workers, but I only get a ps file with 0 kb. I can use the Save as PDF command and that works fine. I cannot print any book file to a ps file.

Are you saying check the box indicated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. If you have multiple page sizes, you must specify the maximum page size required in the PDF Setup window. FM will then crop all the other pages as required to give you the multiple page sizes in your PDF.

PDF_PAgeSize.png

If you leave this at the default values, then FM will crop the larger pages down to the size specified.

2. If you must go the postscript route, then the box should not be checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok Thank you! That worked fine. Another question - how do I set as default? It keeps changing back to original.

This will help our whole group as we are printing a lot of books with regular pages and larger drawings. A real time saver.

Have a good Weekend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines