Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How can I join these figures??

Aug 30, 2013 1:58 PM

I am afraid that it is very easy, but I don't know what I must do I need to join those two blue pieces. Thanks in advance!

formas.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 30, 2013 2:05 PM   in reply to FernanSalcedo

Select these two lines with the Direct Select tool (White arrow) and delete

formas_1.jpg

Then select these pairs of anchor points with the Direct select tool (seperately) and use Cmd(Ctrl)-J to join.

formas.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2013 5:57 PM   in reply to FernanSalcedo

Another way would be to draw (with the Pen) a third shape that overlaps the other two.

The new shape will need at least 6 anchors; 4 to coincide with those 4 that Larry highlights and 2 extra to complete the overlap.

Then select all three shapes and Pathfinder (panel) Unite.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2013 7:20 PM   in reply to FernanSalcedo

I use a lot of different methods depending on the shapes (I can't see the rest of yours) but in this case I would use the first step Larry suggested for deleting these path segments, but then I would use the pen tool to click on each pare of points. Another alternative available in the newer versions is after the first step with deleting the segments is to select the two shapes with the  the black pointer and press Ctrl + J a couple of times. Have in mind though that this will close any open segments in case you have them off screen.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points