Skip navigation
raenulonicera
Currently Being Moderated

How to automatically allow blocked plug-in in Internet Explorer

Aug 30, 2013 9:26 PM

Tags: #block_plugin

Hi,

I'm using an 'easy rotator' slideshow plug in on the home page of my site i'm building which works fine in chrome but gets blocked when I preview it in Internet Explorer unless i click 'Allow blocked content'. Is there anyway to bypass this block and have it apppear automatically to viewers as it does in chrome?

Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 30, 2013 11:12 PM   in reply to raenulonicera

In a word... No. It's an end user setting to allow ActiveX and javascript content.

Let's say for a moment that you COULD disable the script warning in IE with code in your page... An unsuspecting surfer using IE hits your site and the warning is disabled without their knowledge or consent. THEN they accidentally stumble onto a phishing site, and all of their business banking information is sent to an ID thief and they're cleaned out. It may take a while to trace the cause but if they do and discover that your page was the source... guess who's liable for that because of a slideshow?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 31, 2013 1:25 AM   in reply to raenulonicera

Have you tried testing your plug-in on a remote server? If you test your rotator on your website, you'll probably find that Internet Explorer doesn't block it.

IE normally blocks JavaScript from running locally, but not when it's on a live website. This is a security measure designed to prevent malware from being executed when you download files from the internet.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points