Skip navigation
LUCKYPAUL777
Currently Being Moderated

HOW DO I UNINSTALL PHOTOSHOP 6.0?

Aug 30, 2013 11:47 PM

Tags: #photoshop #(6.0)

My computer runs on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.  When I try to uninstall my very old Photoshop 6.0 I get this error message: 

"The log file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop 6.0\Uninst.isu' is not valid or the data has been corrupted.  Uninstallation will not continue"

Does anyone know how to fix this?  I called Adobe Support and I was told to look here in the forums, since this version of Photoshop is no longer supported.

The reason why I want to uninstall it is because I just purchased Photoshop CS6, and I fear that if I leave the old version installed it may interfere with the new version.

Thank you in advance for any insights.

Paul

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 31, 2013 6:22 AM   in reply to LUCKYPAUL777

Paul,

1. You might try to install it again. This *may* make it possible to uninstall as a new install logfile will be created.

2. The new version will not interfere with the old version so in fact  there is no need to uninstall.

3. If you want to free up a bit space and the uninstall was not succesful you can manually delete the folders of the old version. This will of course not delete everything as many files are put in Windows' folders and the Registry but il will at least free up a bit of space.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points