Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

same old same old: calling David Powers

Aug 31, 2013 3:17 AM

It has been interesting to watch and read the comments recently about the DW tangle with database-driven sites.

I am using DW CS6 (12.03) Mac with Mountain Lion, and have MAMP installed and runnning.

I have religiously finished David Powers tute at here.

Question:

Why am I getting the "Dynamically related files could not be resolved because of an internal error" when I render the page with the Live button?

The page displays blank . . . LOL

Can anyone point me to the possible cause?

I wonder why Adobe has left this up for 3 years when (after all updates) the message still appears and development stops.

Are the tutorial files faulty, or have I missed soemthing?

David: can you shed light on this please?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 31, 2013 1:28 PM   in reply to tony_see

Is your testing server running?

Can you show us your code from the page that isn't displaying in Live View?  Don't use e-mail, it won't come through.  Use the Web Forum to paste code.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2013 3:04 PM   in reply to tony_see

I don't have Dreamweaver 12.03, so I can't test it on that version. But I have just tested my original files in Dreamweaver 12.2. They work just fine.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 1, 2013 5:01 AM   in reply to tony_see

In the interests of tracking down the problem, I created a new site on my MacBook Air running Mountain Lion, and followed the steps in the tutorial, using a fresh download of the files. Everything worked exactly as expected.

After finishing, I checked the version of Dreamweaver CS6. It turned out to be the original 12.0. I tried applying the 12.03 updater, but couldn't. So, I uninstalled, and downloaded CS6 again. However, because I've got a Creative Cloud subscription, when I updated the program, it updated to 12.2.

I also copied your code from the forum, and ran that. It also displays correctly.

I don't know if there's a problem with CS6 12.03, but it seems highly unlikely because the files work just fine in Dreamweaver CC as well, even though I don't have the server behavior extension installed.

The only unusual thing I can see in your screenshots is the wildcard: php_test in the phpMyAdmin privileges. However, that shouldn't make a difference because Dreamweaver is clearly connecting without difficulty to your database.

The only other thing I can think of as a possible cause is the server setting in the site setup dialog box. Make sure that the Testing checkbox is selected, not Remote.

php_test.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2013 1:02 PM   in reply to tony_see

php_test is the name of that particular site project.  Under normal conditions, php_test would be replaced with your SiteName folder.

Nancy

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2013 4:21 AM   in reply to tony_see

Yes, phpMyAdmin has changed in the three years since that tutorial was written. Because server behaviors have been removed from Dreamweaver CC, I'm not sure if Adobe will be updating it. The way tutorials and learning material are organized on the Adobe site is being changed (or at least that's what I heard a few months ago). Fortunately, the differences in phpMyAdmin aren't too radical.

The .sql file was generated on Windows, but it's completely cross-platform.

I don't know of a good forum for phpMyAdmin, but you're always welcome to ask questions here. I'm currently working on a learning resource for phpMyAdmin, but can't reveal any details at the moment.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points