Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Acrobat Pro XI: How can I make an imported sound invisible?

Aug 31, 2013 6:37 PM

Tags: #sound #acrobat_pro_xi

This was fairly easy in Acrobat 8 Professional, since the imported audio was invisible by default (except for an easy-to-remove border.

But now with XI I can only seem to import audio that displays a gray set of playback controls (which I don't need, since I'll turn audio on and off with big invisible buttons and page turns) and a solid white background.

When I double click the imported audio with the "Select Object" tool I only see the options that were available when I imported the audio file (i.e. nothing about the playback controls, background, etc.

I've been searching the online help fruitlessly for like an hour, can anybody shine some light on this? It would be much appreciated!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 1, 2013 3:35 AM   in reply to ~jasonC

Rich Media in Acrobat X and later uses a totally different embedding concept, and the annotation has to have a SWF "widget" to display - it's the widget that actually controls the media file playback.

If you want the annotation to be completely invisible you would need to embed a custom SWF widget that has nothing on the Flash stage - you can't just set it to be "invisible", and Acrobat doesn't like you making the annotation rectangle very small.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 1, 2013 6:10 AM   in reply to Dave Merchant

In other words Adobe has made it impossible to do what he needs done. Progress

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 1, 2013 6:23 AM   in reply to ~jasonC

Since Dave has said it's impossible or almost impossible to exactly do what you need –

Were you intending to place this pdf on a Web page?

If so you might be better off to create webpages  on your website say using Dreamweaver. Then you could do what you need easily. And not necessarily have to use Flash at all. (Even YouTube is getting away from Flash). Everyone is going to HTML 5 which avoids Flash like the plague, Because Adobe can't keep it secure. By the time they fix one problem as soon as an update is out a new isk opens.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 1, 2013 12:45 PM   in reply to Phillip Jones

Not impossible, just very difficult

I'll sort out a fix in the next week or two.

Phillip Jones wrote:

In other words Adobe has made it impossible to do what he needs done. Progress

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points