Recently completed & burned a sample DVD. Basically just a long "master" sequence (containing nested sequences) exported from Premiere Pro CC. Chapter markers set in Premiere came in nicely and after adding a menu, no build errors.
Now the client has requested several small changes to some of the Titles I used. Adding some text and names e.g. but nothing that changed any of the timing. Is there any way to re-export this master sequence from Premiere and somehow substitute this new version with the one already set up and working in Encore?
With some early tests I tried importing the revised file to a new timeline, then delete the older on and rename this new on with the same old name. But that broke the links. Not a huge deal to start over but would like to know if there's some way around having to do that.
Select the asset in Encore (not the timeline, but the original files you imported), and use "replace asset." Make the name of the new export from PR different. Replace the video and audio separately if you (as preferred) used demuxed assets.
If do not know what happens to the markers in this scenario. But I assume they do not update. I hope that they update when you right click the timkeline and pick "Update Markers from Source." I was always doing this with a dynamic link, but it does not say that is the only source it will "look" at.
But it is possible that it will foul up chapter links.
Let us know.
re. >>"Select the asset in Encore (not the timeline, but the original files you imported), and use "replace asset."
Thanks much for the suggestion and I will definitely try that first thing in the morning when I get back to the office and let you know if that works.
The "replace asset" function you pointed me to worked perfectly. Even though the audio didnt' change, I replaced both the audio and video and the original timeline updated perfectly with the new material.
Thank you very much. I wasn't aware of this feature and your tip got me back on track in just a few seconds without having to start over!