Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Gray folders in files panel

Sep 1, 2013 6:32 PM

Hey all,

I'm fairly new to dreamweaver. Yesterday, I created a local site folder, which appeared yellow in the files panel. I then defined the website and the folder turned green.

Today, I'm not sure what happened. But all my folders in the files panel (on all drives, including ones that existed before) appear gray. I'm still able to open the files fine, the site names still show up in the files panel drop down menu and the site manager. But I'm aware that the folders are supposed to appear green. Any ideas?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 2, 2013 7:09 AM   in reply to King_Federer

The latest version of DWCC - version 13.1 build 6443 - shows gray folders

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2013 8:10 AM   in reply to Ben Pleysier

Just to add to Ben's reply, all icons in Dreamweaver have been converted to greyscale in line with other Adobe programs. The theory behind this move is that neutral icons don't distract from the design you're working on.

Not everybody agrees this is a good idea with a program like Dreamweaver, which has a very large number of icons. If you want Adobe to reconsider, or at least give users the option to choose whether to enable colour icons, submit a feature request through the form at https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform.

If sufficient numbers ask for coloured icons to be restored, Adobe might respond to user demand.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2013 1:23 PM   in reply to King_Federer

Yes, this was a very unfortunate change made to DW CC. I submitted a feature request (should have been a bug request actually), hopefully others will follow suit.

Thanks for the link David. And thanks for your books (I have a few, the first one I read was years ago - DW 8 & PHP).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points