Skip navigation
HTB_Technology
Currently Being Moderated

CC install to Snow Leopard using CCPackager installs then deletes

Sep 2, 2013 3:35 AM

Tags: #adobe #10.6.8 #install #creative #uninstall #snow #leopard #cloud #packager

Hi everyone

I have created a package using Creative Cloud Packager installed on a Mountain Lion machine. That works fine, and the package installs fine on Mountain Lion machines.

However I need to install this package to a bunch of Snow Leopard machines. My Snow Leopard test box is a fresh build running 10.6.8. I have copied the installer to the local Snow Leopard machine, then used the following command to kick the install off:

sudo installer -pkg /var/tmp/MasterCollection_Install.pkg -target /

The installer runs and begins to install normally, installing each app one by one. However once all the apps are installed, they begin to remove themselves one by one.

If you kill the installer when its done installing but before it starts removing, the apps seem to work OK.

This is fine for one machine but I have a bunch of machines I need to deploy to, and can't babysit them while they install...

This only seems to be a problem on Snow Leopard. Has anyone else seen this problem, and is there a work around?

Many thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 2, 2013 4:51 AM   in reply to HTB_Technology

Hi HTB_Technology,

Could you please provide me Installer Log from Snow Leopard machine where the rollback happens.

Please follow this KB

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5 -cs5.html

regards,

Abhijit

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2013 8:43 AM   in reply to HTB_Technology

Hi,

Could you please try this command "sudo installer -pkg /var/tmp/MasterCollection_Install.pkg"

Also while creating the package did you disable the Air component in CCP.

Regards,

Abhijit

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2013 2:07 AM   in reply to HTB_Technology

Hi,

As per the log files it is related to Permission on certain folders. Could you please let me know whether you have any previous version of Adobe products, if yes then please uninstall them and remove the corresponding folders and try installing the package again.

regards,

Abhijit

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2013 2:22 PM   in reply to HTB_Technology

Hi HTB_Technology,

To take advantage of all the great features in the new Creative Cloud desktop apps, customers should upgrade to a newer version of Mac OS X. Some of the new CC apps do not support v10.6 and will not install. Minimum system requirements for each Creative Cloud app can be found on the tech specs page on Adobe.com.

Note: If you are on Mac OS X v10.6, you will have to install products that are compatible with v10.6 via Adobe Application Manager.

The following Creative Cloud apps support Mac OS X v10.6.8 and later:

• Extension Manager
    • Illustrator
    • InCopy®
    • InDesign
    • Adobe Muse™

Products not listed here are not supported on Mac OS X v10.6.

Adobe has performed limited testing on other Creative Cloud desktop apps on Mac OS X v10.6, but these apps are expected to have issues with features and functionality.

So I would recommed you to upgrade your machine to 10.8 .

Regards,

Romit Sinha

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points