Skip navigation
JulieAnnB
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge CC, unsuccessful manual installation for output module.

Sep 2, 2013 11:18 AM

Tags: #error #bridge #output #module #cc #i/o

I have manually installed the Adobe Output Module for Bridge CC.  I followed EVERY STEP in the directions from http://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/install-output-module-bridge-cc.html

After installation, I am receiving the "I/O error".  I have googled this error, and it appears that many are having this same issue, and no one has a solution to fix the problem.  I am currently taking an online graphics course, and this first assignment should only take 1 hour...I am now up to 8 hours of trying to troubleshoot this and figure this out...and I'm wasting my Labor Day.  I'm so frustrated and almost to the point of canceling my Creative Cloud membership AND my online class since I'm already running into problems with Assignment #1.  I do have the CS3 program, but I do not want to go through this class with such an outdated program. 

Does Adobe know if they are working to fix this problem, or if it will ever be fixed?  If they are in the process of fixing it, do they know approximately how long it will take?  Can someone please offer a solution or shine some light on the topic.  I am working on a MacBook Pro laptop, Mac OS X version 10.6.8.

Thank you!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 2, 2013 11:47 AM   in reply to JulieAnnB

Can you download CS6 with your CC subscription?  If so do that as Output Module works there.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Sep 2, 2013 12:39 PM   in reply to JulieAnnB

No, I can not get older versions.  I would have to pay $999 for CS6

This is not true, you should be able to download CS6 for free with your CC subscription:

From the FAQ of CC:

Do Creative Cloud members have access to previous versions of Creative Cloud apps?

Yes. Creative Cloud paid members have access to a select set of archived versions of the desktop apps. Starting with CS6, select versions of each of the desktop creative apps will be archived and available for download. Archived versions are provided "as is" and are not updated to work with the latest hardware and software platforms.

You just have to dig a bit deeper in the Creative Cloud download center.

Try this link:

https://creative.adobe.com/products/photoshop

Or visit the Creative cloud page and look for the download center, select Photoshop icon and from this page you can select either CC or CS6

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Sep 2, 2013 2:10 PM   in reply to JulieAnnB

So I am still stuck with not being able to get a CS6 version of Bridge.

Sorry for forgetting to mention. In CC Bridge is a separate download, in CS6 it is part of the PS download. If you download PSCS6 again and install this version then Bridge CS6 is automatically installed also.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points