Skip navigation
katee99
Currently Being Moderated

setting

Sep 2, 2013 5:57 PM

Tags: #raw

Ok, I recently upgraded to a new Mac and that same week upgraded the firmware of both my cameras (5DMKii and 7D). Since then everytime I download my raw files into bridge, when i click on thumbnail the image get much darker and duller. I have read that the thumbnail is the jpeg preview and all that but it was not doing this previous the firmware upgrade. Is there a way I can modify the raw file profile to keep it looking like the preview? It used to be what I shot is what I saw when I opened my raw file on adobe camera raw... Please help. This is adding way too much work! Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 2, 2013 6:19 PM   in reply to katee99

What Bridge version?

In edit/camera raw preferences check to see if you have any of the defaults checked.

If you want embedded jpeg thumbnails make that change in 2nd line of toolbar on right side.

You can open camera raw and set your own default settings.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2013 6:23 PM   in reply to katee99

If you just want it to look like it was shot why are you shooting RAW?  This format by its very nature is intended to provide the maximium ability to change the image, but this all takes a lot of work.  A raw image is like a negative, and is not intended to be viewed as shot.

The easy way is to shoot jpeg.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2013 7:22 PM   in reply to katee99

Read though this link as see if it answers your questions.  Then post back.  http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/cr-auto.shtml

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points