Skip navigation
DameLacy
Currently Being Moderated

Page Color Printable Permenant Page Colour

Sep 3, 2013 4:19 AM

Tags: #background #color #issue #for #colour #print #page #permenant

HI can anyone pleeeaassse help, I need to know how to set the page colour of any document so it's permenat & printable not a swatch.  Can anyone give me a clear how on this please, or send a link to a video.  I'm making a poster, leaflets etc.

I wasted loads of time creating in word only to find out the background colour is only a preview & non printable. Now trubg aging having dowloaded InDesign / Creative Cloud. From what I can find lots of people are searching for an answer to this with no joy.  Can anyone help???

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 3, 2013 4:48 AM   in reply to DameLacy

To create a colored background in a document you must add a frame (and don't forget to bleed the edges) at the bottom of the stack and fill it with your color. I recommend using a layer just for the background, and locking it after the background is in place, to avoid problems with selections later.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 3, 2013 4:52 AM   in reply to DameLacy

The Paper swatch is only to simulate what the paper colour will be.

That is the colour of the paper that will be inserted to the printer side of things, like yellow or pink or orange paper.

This Paper swatch never outputs.

You can go ahead and leave the Paper Swatch to be "White".

All you need to do is select a Frame from the toolbar and Drag it to the full size of the page.

You cannot have this automated at the start of every document though - it doesnt' work like that. Every new document is essentially a blank page. You need to add elements to it.

If you need to have this as a default.

Once you have a frame drawn out and positioned and coloured the way you want you can go to

File>Save as>Template

You can then open that Template to start any new project.

I recommend this book for you http://www.amazon.com/InDesign-CS6-Visual-QuickStart-Guide/dp/03218225 36

There are various versions of this book for different Indesign versions - I think CS6 version is the latest - but I could be wrong?

|
    Mark as:
  • Rob Day
    3,142 posts
    Oct 16, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 3, 2013 6:12 AM   in reply to DameLacy

I recommend using a layer just for the background, and locking it after the background is in place, to avoid problems with selections later.

Or put it on the Master page

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points