Skip navigation
Nipomojean
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Photoshop 11 with Premire Elements.

Sep 3, 2013 3:01 PM

I purchased this program the first weekend in August and have worked on learning it and creating a slide show of our recent trip to Africa almost every day -- a whole month.  In the preview it is perfect but when it shows on the TV it is blurry. Even when I preview in full screen on my PC it is a tad blurry and the letters are a little choppy.  I have read some other comments and I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.  I created the slide show in the Organizer, choose output and the DVD NTSC 720x480 setting, I rendered it, and then burned the DVD.  I have made six DVD trying different setting and nothing is working.  I had an old program that I created slideshows with and had success on all my DVD's but decided to buy Adobe Photoshop 11 with Premire Elements because I wanted to have more options with my photos.  I have spent so much time on this project and I am so disappointed with my final product that I could cry!  The slideshow only runs 45 minutes so it is under the 60 minute maximum. It shouldn't be this hard -- HELP!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 3, 2013 3:10 PM   in reply to Nipomojean

DVDs are always going to look blurry when you show them full-screen on your computer because computer screens are several times the 720x480 resolution of DVDs.

That said, how did you get the finished slideshow from the Organizer to your Premiere Elements timeline?

If you selected Send to Premiere Elements, you're getting the best possible results. If, on the other hand, you output a WMV file and then used that as your DVD source, you often do get less than satifsying results.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2013 3:36 PM   in reply to Nipomojean

First, from the FAQ to the right of the main page - http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1187937

Second, you need to scale your pictures before you start editing, to go from "high resolution" pictures to a DVD

Photo Scaling for Video http://forums.adobe.com/thread/450798

-and, you can have a PrEl Crash http://forums.adobe.com/thread/973935 with large pictures

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2013 5:34 PM   in reply to Nipomojean

Photos can be batch-resized using the tool in Photoshop Elements.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/431851?tstart=30

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2013 7:00 PM   in reply to Nipomojean

Nipomojean

Please consider...if you have 4:3 going to 4:3 in the resizing process, all well and good for batch resizing with Photoshop Elements Full Editor File Menu/Process Multiple Files. You might even consider Elements Organizer File Menu/Export As New File(s) for this purpose.

But keep in mind that if you are going from 4:3 to 16:9, then batch cropping and resizing will probably be needed to get the wanted image. Batch resizing/batch cropping can be done with the free program of IrfanView

http://www.irfanview.com/

or

Microsoft Office Picture Manager

I have found it better to resize beforehand. But, depending on computer resources, it is possible to scale an image in the monitor to the space established there based on the project settings. You highlight the clip, and, in version 11, Applied Effects/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded and Scale property. After you have scaled one of your photos on the Timeline, you can

a. highlight the scaled photo on the Timeline

b. Edit Menu/Copy

c. select all the other photos

d. then Edit Menu/Paste Effects and Adjustments

Any questions on the above or any clarification needed for anything that I have written, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2013 9:16 PM   in reply to Nipomojean

Nipomojean

Thanks for the follow up. Sorry that your news was not better.

I do not work for Adobe nor am I affiliated with it in anyway. So, what I am about to say is addressed solely in your interests.

If you have confidence in Pinnacle Studio and you can get the slideshow video you want, then go with that. Some even suggest the use of Windows Live Movie Maker and the Windows DVD Maker for creation of the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

But, if you think that you want to give this one more try, I will work with you (step by step, all the steps) through this thread to try to get you a good quality Premiere Elements video representing your slideshow. Just let me know:

a. number of photos, original pixel dimensions

b. any videos going into this slideshow, what format

c. is this going to be DVD-VIDEO standard 4:3 on DVD disc or DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc?

d. are you applying pans and zooms

e. what transitions are you using

f. what effects are you using

As reference point, what is the basic problem...playback quality of the DVD-VIDEO produced? Where are you playing it..on computer of TV DVD-Player or other.

I will go as basic or technical as you want so that we get the job done. If I write something and you think "What in the world is that person talking about?", do not hesitate to communicate that to me. It will not hurt my feelings. I will rewrite what you do not understand. But in sync follow up on both sides is important.

Whatever your decision, we wish you success.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 8, 2013 5:32 PM   in reply to Nipomojean

Nipomojean

Thanks for the message. I understand. But just know that if and when you decide to give this another try with Premiere Elements, we are here to offer our "back seat driving help" to get your project completed.

But, whatever your program decision, best wishes for success.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points