Skip navigation
JessB1323
Currently Being Moderated

Disk space

Sep 3, 2013 6:45 PM

I know this is probably very elementary for most of you. I'm a newbie, so take it easy on me. But, I'm trying to put a 1hr, 55 min .mov file on a DVD in Encore but it's saying there's not enough disk space. What do I adjust so it will fit? Been at this for hours! Thank you!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 3, 2013 7:01 PM   in reply to JessB1323

While this would possibly be better posted on the Encore Forum, much will depend on just what you have, and what you have done.

For a 00;01;55;00 Timeline, you should be able to alter the Bit-Rate down to a level, that will fit on a DVD-5.

Are you Transcoding from PrPro to MPEG-2 DVD, and then Importing that into Encore?

If so, what Bit-Rate did you choose?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2013 7:21 PM   in reply to JessB1323

If you do not want to do your own bit budgeting to calculate how to export an MPEG2-DVD, you may have Encore do the work for you

For Windows, I export Widescreen DV AVI from Premiere Pro (editing AVCHD) and then load that AVI file into Encore for authoring... with Encore set to do AUTOMATIC transcoding to make a "best fit" of video to DVD... be that single or dual layer

For Mac (you say MOV file... does that mean you are on a Mac?) you export from PPro into (standard or widescreen, as appropriate) a standard definition MOV file, and then tell Encore to use automatic transcoding

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2013 10:02 AM   in reply to JessB1323

If you are on Windows, why are you exporting a MOV file?

For a DVD (not a BluRay) try what I said in message #2 with exporting to standard or widescreen SD DV AVI for Encore

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2013 8:15 AM   in reply to JessB1323

[Moved to Encore forum.]

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 9, 2013 4:27 AM   in reply to JessB1323

JessB1323 wrote:

I know this is probably very elementary for most of you. I'm a newbie, so take it easy on me. But, I'm trying to put a 1hr, 55 min .mov file on a DVD in Encore but it's saying there's not enough disk space. What do I adjust so it will fit? Been at this for hours! Thank you!

Hello Jess, and welcome.

If Encore is telling you there is not enough Disk Space, it is probably referring to HDD space.

What are your system specs please - specificxally in terms of HDD available and space on those HDDs.

To multiplex a DVD at 4GB you will need at least 12GB of free space to do this, probably more.....

If there is plenty of HDD space, and the problem is the target DVD, then use Automatic settings - does that fix it?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points