Skip navigation
SRFast26
Currently Being Moderated

PSE9 Cannot Connect To Photoshop.com Services

Sep 3, 2013 6:23 PM

I am a long time user of PSE9 and was accustomed to see it connecting to Adobe when PSE9 was launched.

Beginning this past weekend, PSE9 cannot connect to Adobe via the app.  There is an error message that states the "Photoshop.com services are not available and to try again later".  It also states I should check my network connection.  Error code 400 is indicated.

I can sign into Adobe using my Adobe ID with no issue via thier website.  Is there an issue with Photoshop.com?  Any information is appreciated.

TIA...JL

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 3, 2013 8:58 PM   in reply to SRFast26

Yes, the issue is that photoshop.com is gone. If you had any photos there you should have received a bunch of emails from adobe about how they were going to move your pictures to revel instead. That's complete and they've shut down the photoshop.com servers. If you want to use revel you can't do it from within PSE--it's not a direct substitute for PSE.

Log out, turn off syncing, and stop using the welcome screen. Instead go into the program files or program files(x86) in windows or the applications folder on a mac, find the actual .exe/application files for the editor and/or organizer,  and make a desktop shortcut/dock icon, and use that in future to start PSE.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2013 12:39 PM   in reply to SRFast26

Click cancel or sign out, and then don't call it up again. Use a shortcut to either the editor or organizer, as I suggested in my previous post.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2013 2:09 PM   in reply to SRFast26

Yes, there is, but that's exactly what you don't want to do because it makes the welcome screen process run anyway in the background.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points