Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Apply Tint to a Photo - Getting a popup window for 'Plus'

Sep 3, 2013 11:17 PM

I can no longer 'apply a tint (one of the effects is the editor) to a photo.

When I select one and click APPLY, I get a popup window that says:

Plus members get online services, artwork and movie themes....

Please sign in to upgrade to Plus.

Well, I use to be able to use this feature and never got that window before.

DO I NOW HAVE TO PURCHASE A PLUS application to supplement my PSE8?

Also, when I try to sign in with the same Adobe ID that I use to get into this forum, I get another popup window that says:

Photoshop.com services are currently unavailable. Please try again later or check your network connection. Error 400.

I thought my password might be wrong, so I also used the 1st popup window to request that it be sent to me... and I got a message that says:

An email has been sent to you .... but I never get the email.

Since I can use my Adobe ID and known password to sign into this forum, I don't think password is the issue.

I have been getting these popup windows as described for quite some time now, so I wanted to ask if anyone has any idea what the problem is.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 4, 2013 6:31 AM   in reply to coh2000

The problem is that photoshop.com is gone. You can't upgrade because there's nothing to upgrade to. If you had photos on photoshop.com you should have received a bunch of emails about adobe moving them to revel, but revel is not a direct substitute--PSE 8 knows nothing about revel, so you can no longer do any of that stuff directly through PSE. An unfortunate side effect is that any online content in the panels in PSE (anything with a gold  or blue banner) is no longer available if you didn't already download it.

You should start by logging out or canceling the sign in window, turning off backup/sync and stop using the welcome screen if you use windows. Make a direct shortcut to the editor or organizer .exe in the program files or program files(x86).

Hopefully that should stop the pop up (as long as you don't click anything with a banner).

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2013 8:08 PM   in reply to coh2000

The effects don't have gold boxes around them but do have a diagonal blue line in one corner.

That's what I mean. Not boxes, banners. Anything with a blue or gold line on the corner is not available anymore.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2013 9:28 PM   in reply to coh2000

It's odd that you say you were able to use it before. Have you reinstalled PSE? The way those worked was that you had to download them the first time you used them, but after that they should be on your computer.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2013 7:56 AM   in reply to coh2000

You would not necessarily be aware of it. ANYTHING in PSE that has a blue or gold banner across the corner is not included on the disc and was stored on the photoshop.com servers until the first time you used it, when you might have seen a little progress bar about 'fetching asset' or some such thing. Anything that did not have a banner or that you used at least once while photoshop.com existed should still work.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2013 1:12 PM   in reply to coh2000

You know, I really don't know what you mean. I look at my PSE 8 and there are no banners on anything in the effects panel, even on first install. Are you talking about something in the content panel? Can you post a screenshot?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2013 7:54 PM   in reply to coh2000

Huh. That is strange, but I'm afraid it's what I said in my first post. It wants to go to photoshop.com to find it and it's just not there anymore. Is this the only version of PSE you have? If you had an older version you could manually transfer the effects to PSE 8.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2013 9:07 PM   in reply to coh2000

If you look in:

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\8.0\Photo Creations Thumbnails

is there anything in the Photo Creations Thumbnails folder?

Untitled-1.png

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2013 11:31 PM   in reply to coh2000

Could you post a screenshot of what you see here:

(one level back from the Photo Creations folder)

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\8.0

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2013 12:01 AM   in reply to coh2000

Is there anything in this folder Photo Creations Thumbnails?

Untitled-2r.png

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2013 1:04 AM   in reply to coh2000

See if the following fixes your issue:

*Delete all the stuff inside of the Photo Creation Thumbnails folder

(the folder you just showed the screenshot of)

*Delete the ThumbDatabase.db3

*Go to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\8.0\Locale\en_us

and delete the MediaDatabase.db3

Untitled-1a.png

Then make sure your not connected to the internet and start the pse 8 editor and wait for the content effects data base to rebuild, which

might take some time and see if that made any difference.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points