Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CC MultiCamera Scrubbing

Sep 4, 2013 6:01 AM

Tags: #slow #cc #premiere_pro_cc

I have just upgraded to PrPro CC and notIced that I am no longer able to nest the multicamera window in the Preview Monitor and that it now resides in the Program Monitor. Is there any significant reason why this has been moved? As a result I am now unable to see my multicamera angles in the preview monitor when I am doing my second pass on the sequence correcting late cuts and all the edits etc. If I would like to change a camera angle in CS6 I scrub the sequence while looking in the preview monitor with all my camera angles and then select the angle I want in the SEQUENCE. Now I will have to try all the angle in the timeline playback and reselect until I get a suitable camera angle. I would like to think that there is a faster way of doing this, even faster than the way I do it in CS6 hence the changes and the upgrades. So could anyone from Adobe enlighten me on this one otherwise I will terminate the subscription and go back to CS6.

I do not see the reason to upgrade for a sluggish workflow just for the sake of changes and moving things around without improving the workflow speed.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 4, 2013 8:38 AM   in reply to srukweza

Is there any significant reason why this has been moved?

Not sure if it's 'significant' but, I believe the reason is that former FCP users wanted it that way, so...Adobe accommodated them.

I would like to think that there is a faster way of doing this

There is.  Get the angle right on the first pass, even if you need to add an extra cut.  When you tweak on the second pass, all you're changing is the cut positions.  This is the most efficient method in all version of PP.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2013 9:35 AM   in reply to srukweza

basically the business model for Adobe here is expansion by accommodating FCP users while frustrating existing users.

I would not disagree with that assessment.

If you are to get it right in the first pass then the whole issue of editing in two passes becomes unreasonable.

Not quite.  Largely, the point of the second pass is to tweak the cut positions.

the client asks to see the other angles what are you going to do? Selecting one angle at a time and previewing it.

You can do that, or go back into the multicam view.  But if the client is doing this frequently, then it might be easier to have the client there when you cut the first pass.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2013 12:21 PM   in reply to srukweza

If you do not have a sound answer

I think they are sound, from the viewpoint of getting the job done.

And my posting here prevents no one else from adding their ideas as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2013 5:31 PM   in reply to srukweza

Fair enough.  But that might put you in a position of having to choose between changing your work flow a bit, or losing all the advantages of PP CC by rolling back to CS6.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points