Skip navigation
OTS-SuppliesOutlet
Currently Being Moderated

Design View Refresh doesn't work on mac CC

Sep 4, 2013 8:22 AM

Tags: #mac #dreamweaver #cc #refresh_design_view

Hi Y'all, I'm having horrible trouble with Dreamweaver CC on mac, (10.8) quad core, 32GB RAM...

when highlighting something in design view, it does not highlight the respective code anymore like the older versions used to.

and the design view refresh does not work at all.

I've completely uninstalled, reinstalled, checked all system fonts for problems, I can't get this problem fixed, and I'm going to have to ditch CC and go back to old version, to be able to work!

here's a video showing the problem I am having:

http://youtu.be/HHSpyc2Icrw

thanks in advance for any help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 4, 2013 8:58 AM   in reply to OTS-SuppliesOutlet

I've just watched your video, and it's clear that you're having problems. The only obvious difference between your setup and mine is that you are using horizontal split view. So, I've just tested on my MacBook Air. Refresh and highlighting work just fine in both horizontal and vertical split view.

I realize that saying "well it's OK here" isn't much help, but your problems seem to have some other cause than simply having updated to the latest version of Dreamweaver CC.

Hopefully an Adobe staff member can intervene and draw your problem to the attention of an engineer. It would be useful to know if this happens on all pages, and all sites, or if there's something special about your current setup.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2013 9:05 AM   in reply to OTS-SuppliesOutlet

I've messaged an Adobe staff member, and asked if an engineer can look into the problem. Hope you get it sorted soon.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2013 9:07 AM   in reply to OTS-SuppliesOutlet

Hi OTS-SuppliesOutlet,

I am forwarding this post to the concerned team members for their observations.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2013 9:37 PM   in reply to Preran

Hi OTS-SuppliesOutlet

Can we meet over a connect seesion to go over this issue .Mail me the best time to contact you and I can share the connect details over mail

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2013 6:53 AM   in reply to vharis

Issue resolved on making sure that the Verdana and Tahoma fonts were enabled

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2014 3:45 PM   in reply to vharis

I am having this same issue and I have verified that Verdana and Tahoma fonts are enabled... Issue persists. I am on Dreamweaver 13.2 and Mac 10.8.5. Using Suitcase Fusion 5 for font management. Very frustrating... I have also cleared all preferences and configuration files, and even uninstalled and re-installed dreamweaver, with no resolution to the issue. Any help is much appreciated.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points