Skip navigation
ANTON_SHU
Currently Being Moderated

corrupted project

Sep 5, 2013 3:09 AM

After energy drop, my After effects project became corrupted. When trying to open it, I see error: Missing data in file. (33::4). I`ve tried to copy it to another disk drive, tried to import it to a new project. Autosave was not checked (thought it is a default option, and it should be). It is a large 70mb project file, that was used in premiere pro as sequences via dinamic link. 3 months of hard work... At the moment I`m trying to recover project folder with Recuva data recovery software. Is there any other option to bring project back to life? Does Adobe programmers / tech support could fix it, at a cost?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 5, 2013 7:39 AM   in reply to ANTON_SHU

Not really helping your current issue, but something you should definitely read:

Work File Safety

3 months worth of work? I'd probably have at least  20 incremental versions backed up in 3 different places by now...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 5, 2013 12:51 PM   in reply to ANTON_SHU

You seriously need to consider a backup plan for your projects. I cut a feature film a couple of years ago. The project took more than 4 months. We had more than 300 versions of the project saved in 4 locations. We had 4 backups on the network of all the footage. Things go wrong and you MUST plan for that. Save the project with a different name at least every few hours so this will never happen again. Use cloud services like dropbox to store your versioned project files. They don't take up much space.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points