Skip navigation
tplocinik@aol.com
Currently Being Moderated

Transferring Photos to Photoshop Elements 11

Sep 5, 2013 12:23 PM

I am trying to transfer my photos and catalog to Photoshop Elements 11 on a new computer. Do I need to transfer bot the catalog and the photo file? Or can I just backup and the copy that to the new computer? I kind of tried the latter but everything did not move. Help and thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 5, 2013 12:46 PM   in reply to tplocinik@aol.com

Hi tplocinik@plocinik.com,

Please refer to the following documentation on "Use backup, restore to move the catalog | Photoshop Elements"

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/backup-restore-move-catal og-photoshop.html

Hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have any question.

Regards,

Sumit Singh

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2013 3:59 PM   in reply to tplocinik@aol.com

Hi tplocinik@plocinik.com,

Yes you backup to your desktop if you have sufficient space on your internal drive.

However, it is recommended to backup on external drive for safety point of view.

Regards,

Sumit Singh

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2013 12:30 AM   in reply to tplocinik@aol.com

tplocinik@aol.com wrote:

I tried again to backup to the hard drive. After 2 hours I received a message as follows:

Error encountered while writing file.

C:\program data\adobe\elements organizer\catalogs\my catalog adobe 7 031209\breezedata\breeze-24577.xml

The first two lines look familiar. The last line I have no idea what it means.

Both times, it appears that the backup aborted at about the 50% mark.

What can I do? PE11 seems to work ok on the old machine but cnnot be backed up.

Help!

Tom Plocinik

In your catalog folder, you have a 'Breeze data' subfolder containing small xml files like the one shown in the error message.

That 'Breeze Data' folders is used for the facial recognition process.

I don't use that process myself, but I have such xml files in my catalogs, even with that option unchecked in the preferences.

The facial recognition is based on special tags plus those xml files. If I delete the 'Breeze Data' folder or its files, nothing happens... but that may be different if you have facial recognition enabled.

I would try the backup again after deleting that offending file.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points