Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Rack Mix automation inaccurate?

Sep 6, 2013 12:34 PM

The Rack Mix automation seems a few seconds behind if certain Effects are present (whether enabled or not), such as Reverb or Full Reverb. I placed two keyframes between which the Rack Mix for a Clip ascends from 0% to 100%, but the ascent starts slightly earlier than where the first keyframe is. Likewise, the point at which the Rack Mix drops from 100% to 0% also happens earlier too. Any fix for this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 23, 2014 11:56 AM   in reply to hawkcon

I have the same issue and nothing I've done has fixed it. It either completly ignores the automation or randomly chooses when to follow it but like 10 seconds ahead of where it should be. Now its affecting my volume automation too. It will just randonly drops to zero in the middle of a fade. Can any one help?

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Feb 23, 2014 12:37 PM   in reply to jhovik

Which version of Audition?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2014 11:34 AM   in reply to SteveG(AudioMasters)

CS6 running on WinXP Service pack 3.

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Feb 24, 2014 2:22 PM   in reply to jhovik

The reason that I asked was that there's a known bug on 5.5 with the automation, but as far as I'm aware it was fixed in CS6. Not sure at all what's going on here, though.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 4, 2014 9:02 PM   in reply to SteveG(AudioMasters)

I just bought a new comptuer with windows 8.1 and installed audition CC. The automation bug is still there. It lags by about 10 seconds. I'm using full reverb as a plugin and the automation control is way off. I'm also experiencing two other issues with CC. 1. The enter key won't close out a dialog box. 2. The 30 band eq won't allow me to hear any changes while playing back a short section of audio. I have to stop playback, mouse click apply and then listen. CS6 didn't have these issues. Whats going on?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points