Skip navigation
victorydesigns1557
Currently Being Moderated

Logo's are coming out pixelated

Sep 6, 2013 11:05 PM

Ok so I am fairly new to illustrators but I have trained and used Photoshop for years and I have never had this problem.  I am creating a logo in Illustrator and when I save it for web and upload it into facebook the image is completely pixelate.  I have the document set for RGB at 72 PPI.  I am using a web safe color and on screen in illustrator my image loogs perfectly clear.  I have tried to save the document is several different file formats and nothing seems to help.  I have watched several tutorials and read many documents and set up my document formats to match and it has not fixed the issue.  I am out of ideas, can anyone help please? 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 7, 2013 1:24 AM   in reply to victorydesigns1557

victorydesign,

There seems to be little (or no) pixelation at the edges of your web images, but plenty of JPEG muddiness.

That is rather strange for a GIF.

Are you sure the image size is the same when you upload it? A raster image at a wrong size in pixels x pixels is a known source of pixelation.

To avoid any issues at the edges in connexion with a micmatch between Matte colour and (possibly varying) background colour, you may use PNG instead of GIF, if that is allowed.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2013 4:07 AM   in reply to victorydesigns1557

Inside Illustrator the screen is always redrawn at the current resolution and therefore is always crisp.

That can't happen anymore as sonn as you export to a rasterbased format such as GIF or PNG or JPEG. The image is then frozen at the given resolution and therefore of course pixelated.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2013 8:20 AM   in reply to victorydesigns1557

Aside from trying some dithering in the Save As > GIF dialog, It looks pretty good on my screen.  Are you viewing the file on a "retina display" by chance?  Is Antialiasing selcted in the original Illustrator file?  Monika is right, the file does become rasterized at 72ppi when the GIF is produced.  Are you seeing really obvious stair-stepping jaggies in the browser?  Is the logo being sized up in the browser?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points