Skip navigation
SowrEdits
Currently Being Moderated

I need help with previewing and key framing?

Sep 7, 2013 10:52 AM

Tags: #adobe #3d #after_effects #audio #rendering #preview #render #animation #ae #ram

First ioff, when i try to preview a clip, a quick scoping montage clip for example purposes, when i press play on the right side, it has no audio, when i ram preview which uses 11.1gb out of my twelve(!), it doesn't stay loaded after i pause so i can't preview with audio.

Second, when im scoping in i add a lens flare for one frame by setting brightness to zer0, press the stop watch, then put it to 100% brighness one frame later. I tried leaving the watch going and watching it and it was there the entire time. I did it again but un-clicked the stopwatch and it slowly faded in and out. I am used to vegas so this complicated program, though i knew it had a steep learning curve, I bit off more than i could edit . So anything in regards to my issues would be great. Thanks!

-Jeff

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 8, 2013 7:31 AM   in reply to SowrEdits

Your journey begins here:

Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, & CS5.5)

Seriously, read it. You are making a mess of your animation because you don't understand how it works. Your RAM preview issue is anotehr matter, but without knowing anything about your system, your comp settings, what footage sources, your preferences and so on, this is not going anywhere. Excessive RAM consumption could be due to flakey CoDecs, bad settings for MP rendering or a million otehr things...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points