Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

4K video with CS6?

Sep 7, 2013 10:59 AM

I'm not sure how great the video quality will be, though I'm planning to get this new Note3 that shoots 4K. Can 4K footage from this phone be brought into CS6, without converting it to some other format?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 7, 2013 11:47 AM   in reply to StanWelks

Try it and you know it, but without optical image stabilization and only 13 fps, it is not going to look good.It is purely a marketing gimmick.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 7, 2013 7:08 PM   in reply to StanWelks

StanWelks wrote:

It shoots 4k at 30fps

That is what the scuttlebutt says. It can do 1080p at 60fps and 720p at 120fps.

Nice.

My guess is that the video will use the same codec that they use for the HD, which works fine on my system. I have the Galaxy SII. The Android video is pretty easy on the computer.

However, as cc_merchant says, try it for yourself and you will know for sure. The only 4K link I could find overwhelmed the server it was on, so I couldn't download it.

They may reduce the bitrate to get the files sizes down to a reasonable limit. That might destroy the ablility to properly edit the video. But you will not know until you try.

As for image stabilization, I suggest that you get a tripod for it if you expect good video. I have one for my phone, but I had to modify it to get it to fit. The Note is even bigger, so a bigger modification might be necessary.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points