Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

GPU not rendering output file at all, but mercury engine selected to work...?

Sep 7, 2013 5:58 PM

Hi There,

New proud owner of a PNY nVidia GTX 650 Ti, and after installing it Premiere gave me a "driver not supported" message.

I closed it, and edited the supported cards list, and restarted it. No error at all.

I made sure that the GPU rendering was selected, and tried to create a 720p youtube file using the same settings as my camera uses (29.97fps framerate, same resolution etc)

this file took a while to produce, and my CPU was 100% in use the entire time, both cores.

GPU-z showed a max 28% use but was rarely over 5%.

I restarted the render this time using software, and it gave me the SAME TIME TO RENDER.

So i am not using my GPU at all to render.

What am I doing wrong? Please help me out. I got this card because according to all over the entire internet, these are the best entry level cards.

So why support a 650m mobile i presume card, but not this one?

thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 7, 2013 10:17 PM   in reply to stevencfitness

Did you notice the slow export when using Premiere Pro to export or 'queuing' the export using Adobe Media Encoder? AME doesn't support CUDA unless you specify the exact card in the supported cards text file, even if you dismiss the warning when setting mercury playback / CUDA in Premiere Pro. (search for that I posted about that last week) Anyway if you are just using Premiere Pro to export and you use CUDA that I'm not sure of the problem. However... I DO NOT agree with stevencfitness that GPU isn't used in export. It is used a heck of a lot depending on what your sequence is like. It is certainly used with GPU accelerated effects and I believe with scaling as well. I notice my exports using my CUDA card (GTX770) are 4x as fast as using software only.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points